Someone else's profile pic is next to MY comments on a hub!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (59 posts)
  1. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

Ironically, the hub it happened on is about Haunted Hollywood.  Perhaps the hub itself is  haunted?  Whatever, it was quite a shock to find I've turned into an older gentleman, albeit a rather nice looking one, that I don't recognize.  Oddly, this is the only hub where I don't appear as "me" and my profile isn't affected.

Here's the hub, although it might correct itself by the time the Team sees this topic: http://paradise7.hubpages.com/hub/Haute … od-Part-II 

Verrry weird...

JamaGenee

JamaGeneeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

UPDATE: Whatever glitch caused my hitting "Submit comment" to pull a man's profile pic instead of my own has apparently fixed itself and I'm "me" again. Big sigh of relief! But what a lesson in how perfectly sane people get hauled off to the funny farm, as in "No, there really WAS a man there!". cool

2. JamaGenee profile image78

Okay, it's not ONLY on the Haunted Hollywood hub, it's on all hubs where I've left a comment today, even on one of my own.  But you can see it's not happening here in the forums.  How is this possible?????????

3. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Just to update you on this - all three profile pics next to your  3 comments on the hub you have linked to here - show the picture you have in this forum when I took a look at it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I also saw the same pics as on your forum avatar. Do you still see another pic?

Yes, still seeing the gentleman's prof pic, so as I said in another reply, I'm going to shut everything down and come back a little later. cool

How weird! I'm still seeing the same gentleman's avatar.  Think I'll sign out and go completely offline, then come back.  Thanks!

1. 2uesday profile image65
        2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Going and then coming back - that's spooky too smile

2. prairieprincess profile image91
        prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see your picture right now on the hub.

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Not to be spooky (or "alarmist") here, but within the last week or two another Hubber had a hacking incident where her a lot of stuff was done with her account, including her picture being changed.  (I'm not suggesting something like that happened with your account - only mentioning that's one way that kind of thing can happen.)  If you haven't done this, you may want to look at earnings info on here, and make sure it looks like it's set up to go to you.

That was my first thought too - a hacker.  But couldn't see how my avatar could remain stay the same on my profile but be somebody else ONLY next to comments on hubs. As for my earnings, if someone is THAT desperate for the piddly amount in my account, they're welcome to it. cool

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image91
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

JamaGenee,

Last weekend, (Friday to Tuesday) I was having major problems with my ISP (again!) It was a widespread problem with all their customers in my area and meant my Internet signal was very weak. When I viewed Hub Pages, I could see text only and no pictures. It looked very different! smile

I know your issue is slightly different but do you maybe have a weak Internet signal that is simply corrupting the pixels in your own photo?

Clutching at straws for you, I know - but not impossible! smile

Thanks very much for the straw, but even with the weakest signal, my avatar couldn't possibly pixelize into an elderly gentleman with white hair standing at the side of a lake with pine trees in the background. cool

6. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

I don't see the old, handsome man either.  It's your picture in the hub's comments.  That's tooooo weird!

"Weird" is putting it mildly.  Imagine my surprise at finding out I had a gender change since yesterday! cool

7. JamaGenee profile image78

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/796499_50.jpg

This is the profile pic I'm seeing instead of my own.  Anybody recognize him???

1. prairieprincess profile image91

I just see you on the picture. This is weird!

2. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHAT?  The picture I see IS YOU!!!  No old man- YOU!

This must be a freaky HP Halloween joke.

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In her pic is a man. On the left hand corner under her hat. It is spooky. She has never had that before. sad  It's in the pic right on this thread.

1. wordscribe43 profile image91

No... I don't see that!  This is starting to freak me out.  I only see her normal profile picture, plain as day.  Freaky Friday, I guess.  smile

The shadow of a  man is sitting right on top of her hand and below the brim of her hat. smile

Very funny, AEvans. cool

There really is. smile Check the shadow above your hand and right below the brim of your hat. There is a figure. :)White shirt and the rest is dark. smile

Stop it!  lol  You are messing with us, right?

2. wilderness profile image95
                  wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he is there.  I had to go to her profile (bigger picture) to see him, but he IS there!  The ghost of Christmas Past, maybe?

ha ha cool

2. wordscribe43 profile image91

No... it's just a photo glitch.  I blew it up as much as I could, but it's not a MAN!  That wasn't what she was referring to anyway.  She meant the entire picture was changed and displaying a man.  You and AEvans must be in cahoots (or enjoying some cocktails!).

Okay, I'm NOT crazy! HP is haunted! There WAS a man's pic next to my comments on hubs before I logged off. Just for the record, however this happened, I am NOT amused. sad

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image91
          Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope... Definitely not there on my screen... Is this entire thread a little bit of a wind up, crossing Halloween with April Fool's, highlighting all the suckers that fell for it in next week's newsletter...??? lol

Really, this began as a TOTALLY serious thread to report a REAL problem. No prank.  No April Fool crossed with Halloween.  But since it has now devolved into one great romp at my expense, TGIF! Cheers! cool

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image91

OK, I believe you, JamaGenee. I hope you get it fixed and it doesn't happen again. After all, joking aside, any such problem could impact on all of us.

Yes, no doubt.  If this can happen, then what else?

I couldn't help but wonder if MY avatar was showing up next to the Mystery Man's comments! cool

Yes, it's too bad you don't know the hubber's username.  You could check that way.  Too bizarre, would love a staff theory on this one.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen him on someone's hub, and by around 2 a.m. it'll probably bug me enough to comb through "Comments I've Made" to find that hub (or hubs). cool

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image91

You never know... Maybe he is publishing Hubs on how to develop a hard man image, the real man about town taking no nonsense from anyone as the leader of his motorcycle gang... and displaying your wonderfully appealing image to all his followers... smile

Yeah, that was kinda my thought too. SURPRISE!!!! lol lol lol

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image91

I only see your normal profile pic that I have seen on Hub pages for years.... JG, have you been at the cooking sherry...??? wink

4. JamaGenee profile image78

Drats! I should've taken a screen shot instead of using the image URL!

8. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

That is weird! I do have to say you were handsome. lolo! big_smile Hurry and comeback to being you. Could be haunted, one will never know.

9. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

What browser are you using?  I'm using Firefox.

1. prairieprincess profile image91

Firefox here, too, and I did not see a man!

Firefox...and there REALLY WAS a man there! If I ever see him on a hub, I'll post a link to his profile! smile

2. saddlerider1 profile image57
        saddlerider1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see a white shape as AEvans has said, I have to get my magnifying glass to have a better look, it's above her hand.

10. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

All I see is an earring.  Some imagination you guys have!  lol

A pearl one, I hope. cool

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, simply an alabaster or ivory hoop.  smile  Classy though!

1. saddlerider1 profile image57
          saddlerider1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep I think you got it Randy a hoop indeed, pearl possibly. LoL

Alabaster. Really? You can tell the difference in a photo?? What a great eye you have.  Now I'm really glad I'm not wearing a cheap zircon ring on that hand. cool

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
            Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of "snake eyes"?  And I didn't miss the bird you are flippin' in the photo either!lol

Look a little closer. That's my INDEX finger. ha! Just looks like the Flippin' Finger because of how I cropped the original.  Which I did check - the original - before posting this reply after inadvertently making a total fool of myself by starting this thread in the first place. But what the heck.  Everybody seems to be having a great time! cool

Only on CraigyFerg's coffee cup and Vegas crap tables... cool

11. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Saw it! Got him!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/3345436.jpg

No, you didn't! That's one of my exes! lol! cool

1. Nell Rose profile image90
        Nell Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like something out of the X files! lol maybe he is haunting you! lol

Oh, he "haunts" me all right! cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)