jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Are You Ready for Winter?

1. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

Our weather prediction here in Wisconsin is calling for snow! The eastern part of the United States was unpleasantly surprised.
    The leaves are simply gorgeous - bright yellow combined with rich dark brown oak leaves.
    Oh, how I hate to see autumn leave us and winter arrive.
    Are you ready for winter? Are we ever really ready for winter?

1. TToombs08 profile image76
      TToombs08posted 6 years agoin reply to this

About the only thing I've done to get ready for winter is get my son boots, gloves, hat and jacket. My husband took my car in for new snow tires. But mentally, nope, no where NEAR ready for winter. I even wrote a poem about it the other day. LOL!

1. jfay2011 profile image60
        jfay2011posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I am not looking forward to trudging through Vermont snow.  Last year I got away with not wearing boots except for those blizzards.

1. jfay2011 profile image60
          jfay2011posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just bought some cool leg earners at goodwill yesterday.

1. TToombs08 profile image76
            TToombs08posted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's a great idea! I should check out the local goodwill for my winter stuff. Thanks, jfay2011!

2. profile image0
      icountthetimesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure that I'm ever truly ready for the cold, but I don't really have much choice. I'm English though, and we complain no matter what the weather is like smile.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I never look forward to winter. So far, we have been lucky up here, some snow flurries but nothing on the ground. The only thing I like about winter is I can wear my Ugg boots, they are the most comfortable footwear I own...

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

just bought my new snowthrower so Yeah I'm Ready but No i'm not looking forward to it

4. Bard of Ely profile image88
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

I am as ready as I can be! We get snow on Mt Teide here for a few months usually but I am down on the coast where it never freezes, although the torrential rain and gales are terrible and where I live gets them. Last year the bus shelter outside where I live blew down and a roof of a school blew off. Flash floods carried cars into the sea. It can get very rough and suddenly!

5. Gordon Hamilton profile image99
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 6 years ago

There have been two Winters since I moved back to Scotland from the South of England and they have been the worst two in living memory. Last year, the snow was up over my fishing waders and the town where I live was completely cut off several times, once for three days. I'm hoping more that the authorities are prepared for Winter, rather than looking dopily up at the sky each year and thinking, "What's that white stuff falling by the ton...?" smile (I am not, however, holding my breath and am pretty sure they will be as unprepared as ever...)

working