jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I can confirm that Black Friday has made it to Canada......

1. Greek One profile image75
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

despite the fact that our Thanksgiving dinner was over a month ago...

I can also confirm...

1) that Toys R Us did not hire enough extra staff for today's event...

2) that the extra staff they did hire were former employees of Walmart who didnt make the grade..

3) that the extra staff they did hire do not much like having to working there today...

4) that the next time my wife sees an amazing Black Friday sale she suggest I go to, I will give her the keys to the car and utter the words "be my guest"

1. jtyler profile image60
      jtylerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

too bad GO!...but you did it for your family....get up earlier next year and scout out the store and its products a week in advance........it'll be fun!  big_smile

1. wilderness profile image98
        wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No need to get up early.  Just make sure you are camped in their parking lot by noon the prior day with the intent to spend the night there.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

great idea....hope GO sees this...he could probably run out now and get a deal on a tent for next year....

http://cdn4.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/blackfriday_02.jpg

1. wilderness profile image98
            wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Best Buy.  Yep.  Our local paper had a story on the $200 flat screen they offered.  Some gal hit the sidewalk around noon, camped all night to get one.  For her trouble her brother gave her a used Xbox, but that's all she had to show for it.

Not me, thanks.

working