Attract more visitors to any hub

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (53 posts)
  1. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I don't know where the scam is yet, but I am certain it is there.  A Google search for  ibooolbox.com turns up thousands of spun and copied junk inviting people to sign up.  It's page after page of the same junk - there is something rotten here even if I can't see what it is yet.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hope you flagged it, PC. I asked HP to take a look.

Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't flagged it because I can't find it yet. It has to be some MLM crap but it is well hidden.

1. allystewart profile image60
          allystewartposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I invite you to come and take a look. Ask me for the link.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
            Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information---  Go ahead and post your link if you really want to help, but most people here won't follow, since you have no profile info, no history , no hubs or anything else to establish yourself in this site or any other that we can check independently.
            If we ask you for a link you will have our contact info and not everyone is willing to provide that to an unknown source.
            More people here, are likely to stick with their own methods.

2. wheelinallover profile image75
          wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pcunix you can now understand why I tried to get good writers invited to the platform. I am an owner of a corporation and I have been using IBOtoolbox for
          months now. There are a number of business owners who also understand SEO. Those people are doing better than the rest. It is in that respect something like hub pages. I went way outside my comfort zone to get Paul to allow hubbers on the site.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I received no invite!  This Paul person has snubbed me!!!

Oh well, back to my own homespun ways of making money online!

1. wheelinallover profile image75

Sorry worded that wrong, Paul didn't even say he knew what hub pages was. I asked him if I could invite my writer friends, he said he could handle everyone  I told him I had 100,000 friends. So the invite comes through me for him.

I imagine now hub pages will get involved and we will see if they give everyone an open invitation. I don't see any reason they wouldn't if they really check it out. It in no way harms hub pages or hubbers. In truth it fixes the major problem I see with hub pages which is hubs have to age before they reach page one of Google. If I had thought it would harm hub pages or hubbers I wouldn't have tried to get Paul to add my friends.

2. allystewart profile image60

IBO is great. I have been a member for about 2 months and now get 300+ targeted visitors a day to my website and it is growing. It is a business building platform with excellent tools and cheap advertising that gets results. and page 1 on google for our blogs. Enough said. Anyone who wants to join is welcome. It's free (apart from the ads) So I don't make money by giving anyone the link. Welcome to IBO. Ask me for the link.

Paul won't snub anyone. I invite you to join. Ask me for the link.

3. wheelinallover profile image75

Pcunix Check the site out on alexis. It is not a scam, not black hat, it is a business platform that has been in operation for about a year. The alexis ranking is good and improving all the time. It would improve faster with writers who know how to use SEO. This is why I went way outside my comfort zone to have hubbers allowed there.

4. allystewart profile image60

It's no scam. I invite you to come and take a look. Ask me for the link.

2. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 12 years ago

Sounds black hat to me.

Did you even bother to check me out much less the alexis rating for IBO? My guess is no. I am a writer/corporation Ceo. Paul Williams is a programmer/businessman. No black hat here the man has been programming and learned what works just like any programmer/business owner would. I personally knew the better writers here would gain readers by getting ranked faster, this would help my corporation, every hubber worth a salt, and Paul Williams. A true win win situation.

3. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 12 years ago

It sounds to good to be true smile

Calpol 25 I know it sounds too good to be true, I felt this way at first too. I am now receiving, some days over 400 visitors a day to blogs I have written. I only have two blogs on page one of Google by keywords that I am aware of. These have only been page one for about a week.

It is true and it is getting better every day.

4. calpol25 profile image59

Please understand wheelinalover we have had a lot of thieves stealing our work and also alot scams and cons on here tht many people have been taken in by.
      If this is genuine why have the hubpage team not come to us or made a post about it in the forums? I am sorry I dont mean to play devils advocate but am not convinced....

I have personally been using the platform for months now. At first I didn't understand that proper SEO would help. Since any article you would write would be a small lead in to your hub I don't see how they would do thieves any good. Like I have been telling the others check it out on alexis. Doesn't anyone check things out any more? At the moment he is being "romanced" His words by Google who want him to add adsense. This is not what he wants. His plans are to keep it a free site much like facebook but for small business owners and now writers. He probably would not have thought of adding writers if I hadn't approached him with the idea. Paul Williams is a programmer first, business owner second.
        As I am a writer first business owner second.

5. Pcunix profile image90

Then why do I see thousands and thousands of spun and unspun search results all looking like some giant MLM scheme?

As i said, I don't *see* the scam but it sure as heck looks like one from the outside so there is no way I am going to risk my integrity by signing up.  That's the other very suspicious thing about that site: there's almost no information given on the outside - you'd have to sign up to see whatever malarkey it is they are really up to.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when it walks like a duck and is quacking like mad, I tend to think it is a duck.  In this case, I think it is some cleverly cloaked MLM duck.

1. calpol25 profile image59
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you PC something is not quite right with it smile

Come and check it out for yourself. I invite you ask me for the link.

6. Pcunix profile image90

Page after page after page of this in Google:

IBOtoolbox ws designed to be a operate horse in respect to lead era. Any contact sort located within the IBOtoolbox platform will generate a lead.

IBOtoolbox ws designed to be a operate horse in respect to lead

IBOtoolbox ws developed to be a work horse in respect to lead era. Any speak to type positioned inside of the IBOtoolbox platform will make a lead.

I think I just found the scam:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0_fKplMQM

That's what they are up to.  Pitch your ad to thousands of other people trying to pitch their ads to you..  I don't know where the MLM comes in but I bet it's in there - that "You have 55 credits" you see in the video is the tipoff.

1. melbel profile image95
        melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like traffic exchange to me... the credits thing, that is. Traffic exchanges are a great way to get banned by AdSense.

HAHAHAHHAAHA! "Do not enter http:// as this is already provided for you"

Traffic exchanges don't work anywhere close to this good. Ask me for the link. I invite you.
          The credits are only used for ads.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The narrator on that video sounds Chinese. Given the massive amount of Chinese spam email I get, the known fact Chinese companies regularly flout copyright, this is enough to put me off permanently!

Please understand I have put not only my personal reputation but my corporate one also on the line by giving this invitation. Not only that but my hub pages privileges are also on the line. Although I am CEO of a corporation I do not "over promote" on hub pages. This has been checked by the "powers that be" in hub pages within the past 48 hours. Because of this forum post.
          I have been part of IBOtoolbox for half the time it has been online. I have seen results from this program unlike I have seen from anything else I do online.

I have used it to gain readers to my own hub and also those of other members of hub pages. Quality information has value. If a hub enhances a message I want others to see I have no problem sharing. This is basically what my thinking is and has been. The better quality I have to share to my social sites the better my corporation is going to do. If these be hubs written by others they get views and I get quality to share. If you honestly believe any number of hits almost immediately after posting a hub is going to hurt you or your hubs by all means feel free not to do anything.

Everyone who joins receives a social page. If all your hubs were on this page with your referral link in a banner above don't you believe this could help your readership and referrals? The only advertising on the social page is the banner and you can either pay to have your banner there or earn credits by writing blogs to have and keep it there. Your views are going to come from search engines, because it is an advertising platform whatever you write is searched by several search engines daily. Search engines from China and Sweden  are among them. A link to your hubs can be placed in or above your blog.

If you found the video on page one of Google somewhere imagine what this platform could do for your better content. The members of IBOtoolbox are truly worldwide. I have been a member of IBOtoolbox for at least 7 months. I receive no emails from anyone but Paul Williams the founder of IBOtoolbox. On the in site email system I have had a few spammers. You can choose to read those emails or delete them. There have been around 10 of them in seven months.

My goal is getting readers from search engines to hub pages faster. There are many great writers here who could benefit from having their work go viral shortly after being written. Anyone who doesn't believe views help raise page ranking, feel free to keep your view.

This is and always has been an invitation no one has been ordered to do anything. If you have looked over the site and chosen not to join this is your choice. We wish you the best of luck with your own plan. If it doesn't suit you feel free to look over my hubs and see if the other program is more to your liking.

That site has forum posts which are being found by search engines within 48 hours. Please understand this is based on your choice of keywords and how they are optimized within the forum post. There is no viral element on that site. It does have the benefit of being found by a search engine sooner so it is there. 

The last I heard there are 500 new sign ups to IBOtoolbox a week. I believe that was as of a week ago Saturday.  I wonder how many more would stay if they had more quality information to share. There currently are quality blogs, adding more quality can only help. I have friends now in Russia, Norway, China, Canada, Australia, India, and more.  Not everyone stays. Some join leave and join again later. You had better believe you are going to be seeing people trying to get new people to join. The more people who belong the more viral it is going to be.

I sent an email to one of my sponsors who had sent an email with a different site. He joined within hours of receiving my email because it was better than the one he had been sharing. The majority of email marketers who have good ethics share "freebies" with their followers. In an email to me after he joined he said the ease of use of IBO surprised him. Most other sites similar, require knowledge most internet users don't have. He already has his profile complete and is using the program, within 48 hours of joining.

I am not promoting either of the sites. You are being given an invitation to join one or either. I see them being a benefit both to hub pages and to it's users. I never put a link in this forum post. Intelligent people will find it, through me or another. I will say the link and more information will be available on my facebook fan page within 24 hours. You do not have to opt in like many fan pages, you don't even have to "like" it. It however is our corporate page so you will see advertising there.

7. Peter Hoggan profile image68
      Peter Hogganposted 12 years ago

Traffic is completely useless unless it turns into a conversion of some type. This kind of stuff is a waste of time. It's definitely not SEO, looks like another scheme to take advantage of the unwary.

8. Pcunix profile image90

Looks like the original post got deleted,

Is the perpetrator still here at HP?

9. Pcunix profile image90

Oh, sure.  We believe you.  Joined 45 minutes ago.  Sure..

10. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 12 years ago

If I had to log into some site and do some sort of work in exchange for only 300 hits, I would cry blood. Yes, tears of blood. And that hasn't happened since this:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/188232_f260.jpg

Instead, I could spend time writing more hubs and get more traffic that way. And not worry about breaking AdSense TOS.

1. websaver profile image61
        websaverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a member of IBOtolbox but not very active because of all the crap that gets posted. Users are encouraged to comment and share others posts and blogs and very often your posts will get shared also.  The idea of me sharing others peoples posts when mostly I dont agree with them for one reason or another is not good for me but we are encouraged to do it......Also many blogs are created by users in return for ad credits, this is why there is now so much junk and copied crap on google because these blogs are not approved by admin, the majority of them are sales copies of affiliate pages, these so called blogs are not blogs at all, just sales pitches which would never be allowed anywhere else except on your own domain.  If they are not copies of affiliate pages they are copied content from articles or other blogs which are not even rewritten.

I refuse to participate in this anymore, the post wall is full of junk promotions that people post in the hope of getting some signups or a few shares, Everyone on IBO is supposed to be positive even if you are negative, negativity will not be tolerated, this is not freedom of speech, I see some scams on there being promoted but we are not allowed to post negative comments, only share the scams...no way, I'm out....and if you dont share anyones posts, then you'll be lucky if your posts get shared....So IBO Toolbox is not a scam, its free to use, but the people using it need educating in the art of blog writing

1. calpol25 profile image59
          calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I knew it was too good to be true smile

It can work for you if you submit good quality blogs, trouble is the majority dont

And trading links is not something  Google likes.

So, as I said at the beginning(because it was obvious from what turned up in Google), this whole thing IS a scam site.  It's designed for MLM link trading and useless "advertising".

STAY AWAY FROM THIS KIND OF JUNK.

Yes, you are right about the link trading, not sure about scam though, is it possible to be scammed for something that is free, although you can buy credits through IBO for link and banner ads, which both for me have proved to have been pretty much useless and a waste of money...But wait, some say that IBO Tube is on the way, so youtube, make way for IBO Tube LOL

No, YOU aren't being scammed.  The site is trying to scam Google.

Maybe you could report them to google, would be interesting to say the least

It's good to read your comments and I agree somewhat about some people using sales copy in their blogs. I also agree that some people do fall for scams and try to promote them. I too have been a victim of scams and will always do my best to warn other IBO members. IBO has a support group where any negative issues can be discussed and action taken if required. As for education. I also agree that people need to be educated. I, like many other IBO members are new to internet marketing and If education helps us it will help you in return. Why not come along and share your knowledge? IBO will become better, and it is in the interest of everyone that we  work together for the good of all.

By "working together", you mean some sort of MLM link exchange.

That's NOT something anyone should ever get involved with.

Whether IBOToolbox intended to be a haven of spammers or not really doesn't matter:  that's what it obviously is now as any Google search makes abundantly obvious.

I am not  a spammer and don't want to be a spammer. The internet is full of people spamming and  not only on IBO. Some people on IBO need to be educated, myself included. IBO is there for anyone to promote their business.

Yes, we do share each others posts. I for one won't share something I don't agree with.

I like to post short articles of educational value with my links at the end. People who read what I have written get something from my posts and if they are interested in my offer, well, that's great.

Before I joined IBO I had no traffic. I understand there are other methods of getting traffic and I am open to education and learning new techniques .
              I admit, there is a problem with spamming on IBO but it is everywhere on the internet. By working together, I don't mean on link exchanges I mean helping each other with education and as business associates.

11. calpol25 profile image59

Have sent a message to the Hub pages people maybe they will do something because this is terrible and you are all being used... sad

On a final note I have to give some praise to IBO, if it wasnt for me joining IBO I would never have found the perfect passive opportunity, I saw it posted regularly by someone else and just had to take a look, I didnt take too much notice at first, but then it was appearing everywhere so I looked further into it and joined and since then I have stopped all my waste of time advertising and trying to find sign ups...time to relax and spend my money...so thank you IBO (seriously) I no longer need IBO to promote my biz ops....over and out

1. capricornrising profile image60
          capricornrisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wanna share?

The profile picture says it very well. We are a member of that program also. We find it is not passive at first, but after a few things are accomplished it becomes more so. We spend about 5 minutes a day on that business and have invested $20. According to our sponsor we should never have to invest another dime. In about 65 days we have over $100 in profit and it is gaining daily. Like any business it takes time to build.

We joined free and stayed free until the last possible moment. You have 60 days to earn and decide. Since at first you are earning points which don't convert to money until after you pay, you can actually have enough where even though you are investing you have already earned what you spend.
            Ask for the link from him in an in house email if you are interested.

12. Pcunix profile image90

I still say it looks like a scam and I think HP should take notice.   If they say it is fine, I'd believe it, but I sure do not now.

It was not too long ago that I heard the same thing about hub pages. Google slapped hub pages with panda because of abuse by a number of people who improperly use the program.

My corporation and I have been under a "hub pages" microscope for the past 72 hours. I was blocked from posting to forums, and my hubs were all investigated. My latest hub was posted but with a special message to me which ordered me to make changes or have it removed. The one that is there now was approved by the "powers that be". All my privileges have been restored as of today. 

Both IBOtoolbox and salesspider are first and foremost advertising platforms. I don't do enough about salesspider to really know more about them than the fact that my forum posts are being put on search engines within 48 hours by keywords. We know this because an employee checks the keywords that matter to us at least every other day. I or someone from the corporation do place ads on salesspider about daily. The ad part has little to do with what we are trying to do for hubbers. It is the forum posts which are of importance there.

I am sure a check of them would show negative too. The online world is as imperfect as the real world. We receive junk mail in our real world mail box daily. We have real world scammers visit our real world door. The phone is no different. As a corporation we probably get more "scam" calls than most people.

13. Pcunix profile image90

What's with all this nonsense about corporations? I've owned two corporations and been a partner in another.

Why do you keep harping on that like it means something?

Did you ever put your corporate reputation on the line for anything you believed in? Even if you didn't you should at least know bad press can hurt and even bankrupt a corporation. In reality our corporate reputation is on the line.

I honestly want to thank you Pcunix, of all the people on hub pages you have brought more people to this forum post than anyone. I have been receiving emails asking for more information and have made a few new friends thanks to your efforts.

I have been told that the number of new sign ups on IBOtoolbox has increased. No one is sure yet where the new members are coming from as the link available due to this forum post doesn't come from me. I am only able to track the ones coming from my sponsor in another program. Only time will tell if they are from hub pages.

14. Pcunix profile image90

Don't thank me. I would never recommend this to anyone.

Even though you don't recommend it you have created interest. That is what I am thanking you for. You are giving people a chance to make their own decisions. Without your help an unknown number of people never would have seen this forum post.

Then I deeply regret my involvement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)