jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

New Video Capsule?

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I may have missed the announcement, but I can't remember seeing this type of video capsule before (can take a minute to load, right at the top of the hub). Or am I just really behind?
    http://robin.hubpages.com/video/Weight_Watchers_Points

1. profile image0
      kelleywardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I haven't seen it either but I'm new here.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 5 years ago

Heya Wry,

I don't know if it is across the board for all Hubbers yet but some Hubbers can host videos on Hubpages from their account/s on a Beta trial.

Official HubPages forum link here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/90307

3. KeithTax profile image79
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

The new video feature is in beta testing. Only a few hubbers have it. Those that asked and are favorites of staff. I asked and never heard back. Though I have been less than flattering of HP staff as of late.

I do like the new format. The look is cleaner than You Tube videos.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Ok thanks everyone. Guess I missed that update!

Keith, are you still leaving? Or what's happening with you. I did read your big thread a few months back.

1. KeithTax profile image79
      KeithTaxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've cooled down... a bit. I haven't published a hub in a while but may do so from time to time. I unpublished some hubs too. I am unhappy here, but consider it a resource. Thanks for the kind words, WryLit. I consider people like you a friend, making it hard to leave completely.

WryLiltposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am writing on Wizzley now. Well till I hit 60% rev share anyway. And my own sites. Plenty of us are on Facebook too smile

5. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 5 years ago

I missed it too but that's probably my fault for not being online when it was posted.  I can say that after seeing a few hubs that have these videos, I'm not impressed.  In fact, I think they load very slow and when I go to a page that has one and all I see is white space for a second or two, I'm immediately discouraged and ready to click away.  I would definitely encourage users of this video type to place them lower in the hub and have some written content ready as soon as the page loads.  Seriously, you may have the best video on the internet but if you don't catch my attention right away, you never will.

Agreed. If I hadn't seen the video icon on Robin's profile page and was curious as to what it meant, I wouldn't have stayed. Took about 10 seconds to fully load and start the video for me, although my computer isn't the fastest.

1. livewithrichard profile image84
        livewithrichardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Took about the same for me and my computer is fast.  I don't think it was the page load, it was the video module load time.

hmm

6. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

It rolled out a while back for some hubbers. I was asked but I haven't taken time to put a video together.   I also saw this thread a couple of weeks ago open to the community. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/90307

working