What's your experience with referral sign-ups from your hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

I'm going through and re-vamping all my online activities. First I created and am fine-tuning my new profile bio. Now I am thinking about going in to each hub and adding my referral tracker for sign-ups at the end of each hub. What has been your experience with this? Have you had a good success rate doing this? It will clutter up my hubs a little at the end but I'm thinking it would be worthwhile.

What do you think?

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image93
      Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So far I haven't had much activity on referral sign-ups. I used to put a sign-up block in each hub, but I've slacked off doing it because of inactivity. It probably depends a lot on where you are getting your outside traffic. The couple that I've had sign up have not been active members.  On the other hand, it can't hurt to try. smile

2. Garrett Mickley profile image77
    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

I've had one person sign up a few months ago but they haven't posted anything.

3. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 12 years ago

@Stephanie) I haven't had much action last year from referrals cuz I slacked off too. Prior to that though I got over 30 sign-ups, and a couple of them are actually pretty active. It seems with people looking for money in these tough times it might be worth finding some of those people that would like to write and can understand that it's not a get rich quick scheme but that they can eventually make an a extra income (assuming that they write well and do the right things)

@Garrett) I think some people sign up because they want to follow us and don't intend to write, ya know? Or maybe they have good intentions of writing but for whatever reason don't start....

4. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

Adding the referral to each hub is time consuming but it is on my list. I will have to make it a priority. Haven't had any activity of late - similar to you when the economy was rough I notice a little bit of activity from my PenPal hub but with no appreciable new hubs.

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree Gma but I think the extra time is worth it. I know I am taking my writing a lot more seriously this year and have to gear myself to that learning curve!

5. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

No new signups last six months. It could be because of Panda I guess.

6. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

I don't think it's worth your time.  For ages I put a capsule with a sign up link at the end of every single hub.  Even had a cute pic to draw attention.  In 2 years, I've had almost 50 sign ups, who have written less than 20 hubs, with a handful of views. 

Seems to me the people who have appreciable income from signups are the hubbers that write a lot of "how to hub" hubs, like Lissie, darkside, Mark Knowles, sunforged, etc.  (I signed up under Lissie, and got interested in putting in a referral links after reading darkside.) They are getting people like us who are not giants, but would like to make a modest income from our writing. 

Just do it if you're going into the hub for other modifications.

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like what you put at the end of your hubs. Simple and to the point. May I copy you?

@skyfire) Could be.

1. rmcrayne profile image91
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just remember do it as text, not a banner.  Probably want to just do the sign up.  Suggestions for feedback, rate up etc in a banner will be moderated.  In text, only discouraged for now, but may also be moderated later, you never know.  I'm probably going to start deleting that part when I go in for other clean-up. 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/91166

7. jGaunt profile image67
    jGauntposted 12 years ago

I put a link on my profile description, to a Hub about joining Hubpages. I currently have active writers subscribed from my referral. IMHO doing invites on each Hub is overkill.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)