jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Editing hubs....

1. debbie roberts profile image88
    debbie robertsposted 5 years ago

I'm thinking editing some of my older hubs and just wanted to ask how other people go about this. Do you unpublish, edit then republish or do you edit whilst your hub is still published. I'm not the fastest worker and was planning to unpublish them first and do them properly, before republishing.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't unpublish, but just go ahead and edit. If you are not getting any traffic anyway, it makes no difference which way you do it.
      But if you are completely overhauling and not just editing, you might find it easier to unpublish first. This allows you to save changes to finish off later, without leaving your hubs looking half-finished. Either way, it doesn't much matter.

debbie robertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you IzzyM.....I think I'll have to see how much tweaking they need and decide from there then....My typing skills leave alot to be desired, so it would probably be easier for me if I unpublish the one I'm working on.
        It was just a thought.

2. mary615 profile image96
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I agree with IzzyM:  I have found that by editing:  change the title for example, maybe add a video to an old Hub, add a map maybe, add some more keywords based on a keyword search, just anything I think that would help that I will start to get some traffic.  So, I think it works.  I don't unpublish, I just edit.

1. mary615 profile image96
      mary615posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to mention, now that HP has added the new feature of giving us the date that something was changed on the Hub, you don't have to remember which Hub you have worked on and edited.    If you haven't noticed this new feature, it's shows on "changed" on your account page for that Hub.

debbie robertsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for pointing that out, knowing when I edited a hub will be handy  as knowing me I would end up editing the same hub over again!!....
        I'm feeling abit more clued up about keyword searching now than I did when I started, so plan to work on that side of my hubs.

working