I had a warning on one of my hubs...

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

It is about Honeyrose cigarettes so technically it is not about selling tobacco..but because it says tobacco related products including e-cigarettes I will un-publish it and rethink it. Any thoughts?

1. Shinkicker profile image53
      Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's going on with Hubpages? I wrote a humourous Hub about a year ago on wine. No problems.
      Now! I get a warning that 'This Hub apeares to be about alcohol" So what!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is about alcohol, relax, it is an automatic filter they put in.
        They'll probably unpublish a year down the line, but until then, we are OK. smile

1. Shinkicker profile image53
          Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cheers Izzy :-)

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Any thoughts? Yeah, what was the warning it gave you? hmm

3. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

I've just read a version of your hub as it appeared on 9 Apr 2011 and it looks good to me. But you should probably ask HP about it.

4. cubesz profile image60
    cubeszposted 12 years ago

Maybe you should give HP some feedback, it could be confusion.

5. Richieb799 profile image73

I unpublished the Herbal cigarettes one, I didn't get a warning by email but it was in the black rectangle thing. I think it would be classed alongside the e-cigarettes tobacco related products... I imagine they are still harmful because people are inhaling smoke even if they are a method of gradually stopping the habit? and they are nicotine free

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The black triangle symbol is for broken links. hmm

Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say triangle I said rectangle.. I couldn't describe it very well but you know the box where you have the stats and edit buttons?

6. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

Just wishes  HP would be   more direct , and clear in the warnings.  The vagueness of critique and needs for revision is frustrating .

7. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Let me guess Ritchie, the hub warning said "This hub appears to be about tobacco".?

Well, give the dog a bone.

"No Smoking in Spain Law" and the other one that I simply cannot find at the moment, considering no-one ever reads it, is about giving up cigarettes, which is also about tobacco.

I don't think Adsense have banned the word tobacco, just the promotion of.

Like anyone writes a hub that says...try Golden Virginia, stay youthful forever" which of course you are when you die young from tobacco related illnesses.

Yes it said 'this appears to be about tobacco..' need a moderators opinion since it was about honeyrose cigarettes and had them on sale on amazon

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Recently, I was told I could not sell products from Amazon that were in violation of HP's TOS or Google Adsense TOS.

I had some posters I was selling, with regards to Celebrities. However, since some of them displayed nudity or see-thru clothing, I was told if I didn't remove them, then the hub would be unpublished, and possibly lose my account. hmm

Its bad that links to Amazon do this, I had one on a sexy xmas gift and I had to delete the Amazons. Id rather unpublish or delete to stay in tune with the rules though, they are for everyones safety.

I just wonder if Honeyrose cigarette Amazon capsules are against TOS?

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, I wouldn't know.

Why not just chill out, open a bottle or two of vino, and wait for that warning email from HP.

If you're asking, I don't see a problem. Then again I never understood the problem with e-cigarettes either, except for the fact that they had NICOTINE in them. But hey isn't that what the smoker craved?

9. Richieb799 profile image73

Well I'd rather unpublish it myself, this way I won't feel bummed when I think I'm progressing and then look one day and I'm back down a hub tongue I sent an inquiry to HP anyway smile

1. recommend1 profile image61
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should not give in so easily - if your hub is not in violation then you should say so and get it un-little rectangled !

I have an original hub about an original subject with unique points of view in it - and I have been unpublished because a mod thinks it may be a spun article.  As an editor I cannot see how anyone could come to that conclusion unless the mod objected to the content [possible] or it was a response to my criticisms of Hubpages team [possible].

Either way, I have an email in and expect it to be just republished without any explanation by the end of today if the 72 hours mentioned in the notice is a true statement.

If everyone just falls over and gives in when mistakes are made then the mods will not learn the lines between right and wrong.

10. Richieb799 profile image73

I'm still waiting on a reply...Thing is I have a lot more to lose since if I get in trouble then I lose 253 hubs and all the earnings I get

11. Williamjordan profile image58
    Williamjordanposted 12 years ago

HP could you be over reacting a couple of my upublish hubs are Hot whats going on please.

12. Richieb799 profile image73

Well I tried to be a good hubber and asked them to review it for me and I kept it unpublished while they look but its been nearly 48 hours now since I emailed them and no response?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes Richie, it has been nearly 48 hours and NO emails are answered on the weekends, which covers your 48 hours. roll

Staff doesn't work 24/7 and some parts of HP is not address, unless it is Monday-Friday. hmm

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a good idea to let them have a look. As I understand it, mentioning tobacco is OK, but anything promoting tobacco use or e-cigarettes is not allowed.

The moderation team's current backlog is about a week currently but hopefully you'll get a reply sooner. They really are working around the clock, but the queue is long.

13. Richieb799 profile image73

Thanks Jason, it is actually about smoking herbal cigarettes which isn't actually tobacco.

@Cags - thanks didn't know they were off weekends

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)