jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What are the consequences of a low Hubber Score?

1. sdmathis profile image79
    sdmathisposted 5 years ago

I tried to join Hubpages the other day and was surprised to find out that I had already joined about 16 months ago. I published my first Hub the other day, and I published another one today. 16 months of inactivity left me with a Hubber score of 28 (it's higher now). I kind of have an idea of how to raise my score, but what I'm wondering is about the consequences of my low score. Is this hurting me?

1. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 5 years agoin reply to this

As you told that you have published hub after 16 months, it has increased now..continue publishing and it will surely cross 80,90 if you are active here..

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Until your author score reaches 75, all outbound links from your hubs will be "no-follow." The idea is to make it less attractive for spammers to set up accounts here.

3. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say it's "hurting" you.  Just keep publishing great content and be a positive presence in the community, it will gradually rise.  Traffic is a big factor to the score realms.

4. sdmathis profile image79

Thank you for answering so quickly. My rating is rising quickly, but for some reason, I find it irritating having that low number staring me in the face.

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why would you expect to get something (a high score) for nothing (not participating or publishing)? 

HubScores are meant to provide feedback and motivation.  I think you've discovered the motivation part.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscorecalc

sdmathisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I expect nothing. I was curious about about the consequences. That's it.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Your score is already. At 63 just now. It will ruse quickly - don't fret over the number; keep doing as Website Examineer suggests.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excuse typo punctuation. Using mobile device.

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Make sure you are in chrono mode, not threaded so you can se the Edit button and fix those typos.

Or press "More" to get Edit.

sdmathisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It has been rising. Is 63 okay considering my experience? I thank you all for your help. I'm spending a lot of time reading the forums and FAQs, but there is so much information. I hope that I'm not asking stupid questions, or the same old questions everybody else asks.

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you need your outbound links to be "do-follow," you must keep your author score at 75 or above, and to accomplish that you should publish additional hubs.

2. Pcunix profile image88
            Pcunixposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Stupid, no.  Same old, yes, but don't worry about it because everybody does.

A lot of the "same old" are answered in The Learning Center http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

6. LoriSoard profile image77
    LoriSoardposted 5 years ago

Other than the pride, it shouldn't hurt you in the search engines overly much. However, as you participate and add new hubs, it will go up. I knocked my down to a 1 by following too many people (I know, stupid, I thought I was being nice). It is now up to 80s, 90s. It took a while, though. You have to be consistent. Try to publish an article a week or more if you have time. Good luck.

7. ElizaDoole profile image88
    ElizaDooleposted 5 years ago

Yep I agree with all before. If you write regularly, originally, and don't follow indiscriminately, you will achieve a good hub score.

Good luck!

8. sdmathis profile image79

Thanks for all the advice. I really appreciate it. I had no idea that following too many people would lower your score.

working