jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Is it normal that a hub score fluctuates all the time?

1. Jynzly profile image70
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

This is another scary observation for me. One of my hubs score changes from high to low then low to high then back to low continuously. It's like every time I I open this hub, the score changes in that manner. Being paranoid in the net, admittedly, I suspect that there are two of us who use my account. This had happened a lot of times to me in other sites. I would have liked to believe that it is much safer here as far as hackers are concerned. Is it possible for hubpages team  to check how many are using my account?
    Thank you.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mine does  fluctuate all the time.  I doubt that someone has hacked into your account.. I guess you are being paranoid. Relax.

Jynzlyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Admittedly. Sorry. Bad experience in the net, you know. Thank you sofs for the response.

2. barryrutherford profile image32
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

YES!

Thank you for the response.

3. jponiato profile image82
    jponiatoposted 5 years ago

Mine does - up and down, seemingly irrespective of what I've been doing in the system.

4. Enelle Lamb profile image84
    Enelle Lambposted 5 years ago

Hub scores change daily - not exactly sure why, also your personal author score fluctuates as well. It could have to do with how much traffic you receive on your hubs that causes the fluctuation. You can contact the HubPages staff - they should know the answer. smile

Thank you Enelle for the suggestion.

5. schoolgirlforreal profile image72
    schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago

As far as I know being here almost 2 yrs,
    It fluctuates depending on a few things:

If you post alot in forums, answer questions, and stuff that makes it go up I think

It's also depends on the individual hub scores combined, the better your hubs the higher your score
    If you do a new hub and it's really low or high it might go up or down

I notice when I"m not active it goes down, and when I'm constantly publishing it goes up.

Thank you schoolgirlforreal,
      Yes, I notice that too; if I am not active the score drops.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image72
        schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

working