jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

I got a duplicate penalty on my book hub- how???

1. Dorsi profile image93
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

What??? I just published the first chapter of my book and got duplicate penalty on my hub?? How could this be?
    (it's an auto-biography, so is someone trying to steal my indentity..lol????)

1. AEvans profile image79
      AEvansposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now that is nuts  big_smile this has been happening a lot lately I have a feeling it is a system glitch.
      I had disappearing comments, I posted it and when I went back it disappeared. Maybe I have just been on HubPages a little to long. smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
        Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Maybe someone copied and posted it elsewhere.

People can get duplicate warnings if they copy and paste (which I know your did not) but also when someone else has  "borrowed" some of your stuff. have you run a check?

1. Dorsi profile image93
          Dorsiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, I think I know what may have happened- I wrote and saved it from another site, (Yuwie) so maybe thats what happened. I put the other one on "inactive" so maybe that will fix it.
          Or maybe someone did put it elsewhere, I'll run a check on it.
          Thanks!

2. AEvans profile image79

Rochelle, That is valuable information I did not know that others could do that, that certainly isn't very nice. sad  Now I know what to look for if that happens to me. Where do you look?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image95
            Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, I'ts not nice! (But it happens.)
            There is some site that can do it--- but I usualy just put the first sentence-- or some other unique phrase from the article in quotaion marks and search it on Google.

I am glad you gave me that advise as I will remember Google my goodness their is still so much to learn, thank you Rochele for providing this information.smile

2. ajcor profile image61
      ajcorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

http://www.copyscape.com/    is the link to finding out whether someone is plagiarising your work - free for the first few times (25 I think) then minimal costs to continue (100 checks for I think $5.00)  - hope this helps. cheers

2. Dorsi profile image93
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

Nope it's not showing up anywhere else- wierd!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image81
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years agoin reply to this

When you submitted for review earlier today, it was cleared.  False positives do (rarely) happen, so when that happens you can just request a manual check from me.

1. Cris A profile image58
        Cris Aposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I requested for an edit/check for one of my hubs and i was informed that it usually takes 72 hours (3 days) but it's been 5 days and i haven't heard from anyone.  Please advise.  Thanks big_smile

2. Cris A profile image58
        Cris Aposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I requested for an edit/check for one of my hubs and i was informed that it usually takes 72 hours (3 days) but it's been 5 days and i haven't heard from anyone.  Please advise.  Thanks big_smile

3. Dorsi profile image93
        Dorsiposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Maddie

3. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think your other copy on yuwie is the reason. If you removed it from there, give it some here, time, it does not happen overnight smile

What is yuwie? smile

1. Misha profile image77
        Mishaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yet another site you can post content on I believe smile

Oh my another one to add to the list good grief you can write forever!!!! big_smile

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 8 years ago

I have got the same problem and got it resolved with hubpages team. Maddie ruud   helped   me.   Thanks  to   him.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/9654#post105233

Jyoti Kothari

working