jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

google disallow

1. Ms Chievous profile image81
    Ms Chievousposted 5 years ago

hello everyone,
    I am back. After plunging I have taken some time off for other pursuits.  I have been exploring webmaster tools a bit to see what the problem is with my traffic flow.  I see that many of my hubs have a disallow mediapartners under crawl errors.  I see that I am not alone in this.  When I went to search Hubpages to see if there is already a thread on this I typed in google disallow.  In that search some hubs came up and under them it listed the disallow  google mediapartners phrase I had seen under webmaster tools instead of the hub summary. ( weird eh?)
    In any case I need some help figuring this out.  The google disallow is surely part of the reason for low traffic?? yes??  I have listening to webmaster videos and searching on the web to see how to resolve this but I haven't come across anything ( that I understand anyway)  Can anyone tell me more about google disallow, if it is a problem, and how it can be fixed?

Thanks in advance for any help...

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How do you find out about disallow on your hub? Look at the html?

Ms Chievousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

you have to look at the google webmaster site verify your hubs and look at crawler errors...

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
          WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My webmaster isn't showing errors but the robot .txt shows disallow all through it. And I've disappeared from google completely. I've been searching all day but nothing.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image75
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

It is part of the robot index file and I'm not sure why it would be there. It tells the Google Search engine not to index those pages and I am lost as to why it would be added to the robot text file across the site.

Maybe someone from Team Hub Pages can explain this. Maybe it is a technical issue they can fix as we do not have access to the robot index text file.

I hope someone from team Hub Pages will be by to give us a answer.

1. janderson99 profile image84
      janderson99posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think google mediapartners has something to do with smart phones and not delivering ads which don't fit on the small screens - but this is just a guess after doing some quick googling.

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image75
        crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years agoin reply to this
          Ms Chievousposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It has some good info but didn't answer my questions.. sad    maybe I did not look hard enough...

3. Dame Scribe profile image62
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I would think it's probably from another site that linked to you and they got slapped by 'G' sad give it more time, you may recover again smile we just never know these days tongue sorry I'm not much help. Maybe once you figure it out, you can write a Hub on the experience wink

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image75

No it is from our own sites here at Hub Pages in the robot index file which is in the meta tags at the top of our sites.

Not sure why it would be there but we all keep waiting for an answer. Hopefully soon please.

4. crazyhorsesghost profile image75
    crazyhorsesghostposted 5 years ago

Some one from Team Hub Pages needs to answer us about this. I emailed them but no answer yet.

5. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

As it so happens, there is already a FAQ entry about this very issue:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#adsenserobots

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou!!

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image75

Thank you Jason.

working