jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Profile Score

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago

My profile score is usually pretty steady.  I get on hubpages during the weekend.  It drops 4 or 5 points when I get on here during the weekday.  I don't do it very often (maybe once a month).  Why does my score drop with the extra activity?

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A very good question. Inactivity has raised my score as well, lol. If I hit the forums, answer questions, comment on hubs and hub hop, my score will generally go down. I can take a few days off from that activity and my score will be up a few points.

2. Lisa HW profile image79
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

My theory on that is that it's HubPages passive-aggressive way of making us go away by rewarding us with score points when we do.  lol  I tend to suspect that one factor is a matter of activity's shaking things up scores-wise.

1. Jean Bakula profile image100
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you have a week or period where you are writing many hubs, your average gets pulled down, since they all start with around a 50 score, give or take. Then as they climb up and are read, your score goes up.

That does make sense, as explained, Jean. Thanks. smile I had not taken that into consideration.

2. Daffy Duck profile image61
        Daffy Duckposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't write many hubs in a month much less a week.  I don't have to write any hubs for my score to go down.  It just goes down when I increase my activity above normal for the week.

I did nothing but post in the forum here this morning and low and behold, my score has dropped two points, lol. No hub publishing, not any extra activity other that a couple of forum posts and maybe I responded to a comment on one of my hubs. Go figure.

At the beginning of this last week my score was 93.  I don't usually get on during the week day but I did Tuesday.  Wednesday my score dropped to 89.  Now it's back up to 93.  Oh well.  big_smile

3. BonnyC profile image60
    BonnyCposted 5 years ago

I started two hubs yesterday and ultimately decided that I can't write them, so I deleted them. I am pretty sure that it drug my score from a 97 (all time high!) to a 94 just because they have a low score even though I deleted them and I'm just waiting for them to disappear. I wish that didn't change your score, but I've learned a lesson. Write the hub in another program and transfer it!

I always write mine on Microsoft Word then copy and paste it to hubpages.

working