jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Error when trying to comment on a comment

1. Jeff Gamble profile image75
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

Error when trying to comment on a comment

When submitting a comment on an answer to a question, I am getting a "findAdvanced" error - Anyone have trouble tonight?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me too

1. Norah Casey profile image66
        Norah Caseyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'll email the engineering team now, but it is unlikely that anyone will be available to look at this until tomorrow morning.

Can one of you answer a few questions that may help the engineers resolve this issue?

1) Did this just start happening or did it surface much earlier in the evening?

2) Is the problem intermittent?

3) Are you experiencing trouble posting to the forums or participating in the Answers section?

Thank you both for taking the time to report this issue.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It started a few hours ago (sorry, can't be more specific).

It's not intermittent.

I'm having no trouble posting in the forums or posting Answers in the Answers section - I just can't comment on Answers.

2. Jeff Gamble profile image75
          Jeff Gambleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't pinpoint a time, I ran in to it shortly before posting to the forum

It's not intermittent, and still happening - I just got the error again when trying to leave a comment on the answer to a question

And no problems posting to the forums - just answering answers

Thanks for looking at this

2. ptosis profile image79
      ptosisposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me also - so I just wrote an answer

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I tried to post a comment under an answer and I got the same error message. I was able to add a new answer though.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Just tried to comment on an answer - no error message, but the "submit" button went grey and nothing happened.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Me too, just did it a few seconds ago

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
    mistyhorizon2003posted 5 years ago

I had a problem tonight on a Hub of mine trying to comment on a comment. I had copied and pasted my reply after editing it, (my intention being to delete my original response which had not hyperlinked in blue a link I placed in it). Every time I pasted the adjusted text and tried to post it, the screen simply jumped to the bottom of the page, and ALL the comments vanished as if I was in edit mode (which I wasn't), and when I refreshed the page and the comments reappeared my new comment was no-where to be found. I tried this about 10 times, but it did the same thing every time. In the end I gave up and left the original reply I had posted in place.

working