*Start small. If you’ve never walked in high heels before, don’t start out learning with 5 inch stilettos – that’s a recipe for pain and maybe even injury! Try something smaller, like a 2 inch heel or wedge to get used to the feeling. You can always work your way up to your most killer heels.
* Walk heel to toe, not toe to heel. While it might be tempting to put your whole foot down at once, don’t do it – it makes your walk look strange when you’re wearing high shoes. Instead, put your heel down first, followed by your toe. This will give you more balance and make your stride look more natural.
* Take small steps. Wearing heels naturally makes your stride shorter, so you’ll need to take more steps than usual. Don’t expect to be able to walk as fast as you normally do in high heels.
* Step as if you were walking on a straight line. When you walk with one foot in front of the other, it gives your hips the sway that models are known for. Pretend you’re walking on a line on the ground, one foot in front of the other, or practice on an actual straight line at a basketball court or on a line in the floor.
* Watch how models do it. Download a video of a fashion show on YouTube and watch the professionals strut in their high heels. While models walk the runway in a way that’s exaggerated from real life, you can learn from their walks and tone it down a little to get the perfect normal-person strut. Practice in front of a mirror until you get it down.
* Practice… Then practice some more. At the end of the day, the best way to become a pro at walking in high heels is to do it as often as possible. Practice walking on carpet, slippery floors, up stairs, and outside. No amount of reading how to do it will make a difference if you don’t work at it. Walking in high heels is like any other skill – you need to do it a lot to get good at it.
This looks like a hub. Look at the top right where it says "start a hub". You could delete this post and put the text in a hub. Or you could contact the HubPages team and ask them to remove the thread.
by StricktlyDating 7 years ago
Why are designers making high-heels so high we cannot walk in them?This season I am seeing in almost every shoe-store in Australia the kind of high-heels I'd love to wear, if only they weren't too high! I love my heels, but why oh why are they making them so high that I'd be to scared to try...
by Nithya Venkat 6 years ago
How do you walk with high heels without loosing your balance? What is your secret?
by 2sshoes 18 months ago
No. I seem to have very weak ankles. Have broken an ankle bone at least once, torn ligaments and had bad sprains-- even when wearing sensible shoes. At this point in my life, I wouldn't dare.
by Debbie Carey 3 years ago
What age is, in your opinion, too old to wear short skirts and high heels?I am settling a discussion between good friends. Rather than agreeing to disagree, they prefer to ask a larger group of people from different ages and cultures. Therefore, we lay it at your feet. Do you feel...
by Walter Deans 7 months ago
Men wearing high heels l
by yisitso 9 years ago
Where do you find a girl that genuinely likes a guy in High heels in the privacy of the home?I don't necessarilly want to wear heels in public but I would give anything to find a girl who found it a turn on when not only she wore heels and lingere during sex but that she also found it a turn...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|