jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Another scraper site diayis dot com

1. Butterfly67 profile image92
    Butterfly67posted 5 years ago

Has anyone seen this before? I had a hub that was getting 1000 views a day and then 6 days ago it died. I thought it was because of panda 3.7 but now it appears that 6 days ago an exact copy was made on the above site. Might be worth checking out. I am going to try and raise a DCMA complaint but this is the first time I have done this so any help would be appreciated.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This happened to my top hub as well. I could not file a DMCA however as the material was not copied word for word, but the title was copied as well as the overall information contained in the hub by not one but two sites. My views on that hub went from well over 1000 to 200 as of today, and it is a seasonal hub that is just getting into the peak of the season.

The sites that copied it are known for what they do and how they do it. They see what is ranking at the top and spin the article using the exact article title. They are big sites, big revenue... If I tried that, my hub would be unpublished.

1. lobobrandon profile image91
        lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

One of my top hubs is copied and mixed with another article from another site Dale... It's one para from mine and one from that site and the whole article is made that way and it does make complete sense too sad I can't file a DMCA in this case and I guess that could be a reason behind the drop in my traffic. This hub from 100 (Ya that's low but was one of the good hubs I had) is now getting me an average of 30. Whether it's the panda - who knows.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 5 years ago

Is the copy outranking your original? Here is what we suggest in terms of filing DMCA complaints:
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#copiedhub

1. Butterfly67 profile image92
      Butterfly67posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Jason yes it is outranking it. I'll check that out. It's annoying that a word for word copy (they even stole the image that I used - in fact I bought that image from istock so I should notify them as well) that was put up only a week ago is outranking my mature article.

3. Butterfly67 profile image92
    Butterfly67posted 5 years ago

Dale that is really annoying if you can't do anything when they spin it.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

How are you all checking this? Are you verifying hub by hub? I suspect that's the only way to do it. Or am I wrong? I've got 70 hubs so I expect that will take some effort unless there is a general tool to use. Any advice?

1. lobobrandon profile image91
      lobobrandonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I check one by one and all that I checked are copied sad Some use copysape and others some sort of google update (when new stuff related to something is released) - not sure what it's called

2. Butterfly67 profile image92
      Butterfly67posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't checked all of mine - the reason I realised that it had been copied was that it had a link in it to one of my other sites and I got a pingback on that other site (wordpress) and it looked suspicious as it had the same title as my hub. I am a bit scared of checking the others although having said that I commented on the copied article using a DCMA template and they have now removed it smile

Unfortunately my hub is still not ranking in Google and I don't know if it will ever get back to the views it had before sad

working