amiebutchko profile image 89

What's your take on state testing for kids these days?

My kids have been involved in state testing this week, living in New York. I have never seen them so stressed out before. Is it all too much for kids? Do you think all this school pressure and seemingly impossible state-mandated curriculum goals of today's world too great for kids to handle, or is it good for them?

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

Very good points. I, as a parent today, just see all of the pressure put on our kids as a total: after school activities, hours of homework and yes, going to school and testing well. There is no time to just be kids, it seems.

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

It is true that it is reflecting the teacher and not the student, but the kids really do feel pressure and I think you are right, perhaps because of the word "test." I do see that the evaluating process is necessary.

DaisysJourney profile image79

DaisysJourney says

• amiebutchko profile image

Amie Butchko (amiebutchko) 3 years ago

This is really a great answer with so much support! I am so happy to hear it straight from a teacher. As a parent, I suspected these same things, but didn't have such an exact analysis of what actually goes on as you. Thank you; I agree!