jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If the gravity in black holes is so intense that even light cannot escape, then

1. profile image52
    princelandposted 9 years ago

If the gravity in black holes is so intense that even light cannot escape, then how are x?rays and radiowaves coming out from there?

2. london_guide profile image75
    london_guideposted 9 years ago

Your question - If the gravity in black holes is so intense that even light cannot escape, then how are x‑rays and radiowaves coming out from there?                 My answer - X-rays and radiowaves are not actually emitted from the black hole.... read more

3. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 9 years ago

I recently read in a book by Stephen Hawking that inside a black hole, the gravitational field is so strong that a when a virtual particle (that is the antiparticle in the pair) is sucked inside it, it can come out in the form a real particle and... read more

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image79
    Mikel G Robertsposted 8 years ago

The amount of pull on an object is related to the mass of the object. Light has a measurable mass, perhaps the x-rays and radiowaves have a smaller mass and therefore are pulled to a lesser degree, allowing them to escape... I have a theory about black holes and the nature of gravity... the existence of what I call the 'gravity element'. I postulate that black holes are formed by the prescence of large amounts/concentrations of this 'gravity element'.

working