jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How to teach kids

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How to teach kids

2. LRobbins profile image79
    LRobbinsposted 8 years ago

Make it fun, interactive and applicable to them.  Ask them what they would like to learn and they will tell you.

3. profile image50
    Paula10posted 8 years ago

First you need to know about the age you will be teaching, teens, 9 years, kindergarten, etc, then you will need to have a lot of love, when you love kids it is easy, if you do not love them, learn it. And I agree make it fun, do not be silly all the time, but break the ice, talk about things you do sometimes so they will realize you are a human like them too and they love to know about personal stuff from the teachers, like which team do you like, your favorite dish, but nothing too personal or too private. Learn about many things so when they ask you will be prepared and always create some kind of fun things during teaching like contests, prizes, pizza day, pajama day, etc, like I said depends of the ages of the children. Love is fundamental!

4. ouidah profile image55
    ouidahposted 8 years ago

Listen.

I am currently observing teachers from across the nation.  The single key ingredient in "good teaching" is a teacher's ability to listen.  Many people can disseminate information.  Very few can listen long enough to take that information (from the kids), process it, and roll it into the new knowledge needed.

Listen.

5. Santo Palomo profile image51
    Santo Palomoposted 8 years ago

All of the above comments are very important. The tone, inflections, and energy of your voice, body language, and facial expressions will contribute to the reactions of your pupils. Make them feel valued even under stressful conditions or situations.

6. bayareagreatthing profile image68
    bayareagreatthingposted 8 years ago

One of greatest teaching tools is our own life.  Kids learn so much more by our actions than we realize.  This is especially true for parents.

Even as a teacher in a classroom- how you treat the kids, how you conduct yourself, how you act...all speaks louder than words.

7. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

bayareagreatthing is so right about children copying our own behaviour. I'm a ballet teacher. If I scratch my nose in class the kids copy me. I also agree with Paula that different methods work for different age groups. When I ask a child to "point your toes!" the child asks "Why?" and is not bothered pointing toes. But if I say: "It's a very hot day and we are going   swimming in the lake, but let us dip our toes into the water to see if it isn't too cold," then all the children immediately point their toes. Kids are more intelligent than we think. They need to be motivated by a good reason for following instructions.

8. hassam profile image86
    hassamposted 7 years ago

There is a problem found almost
    every where that for teaching old typical methods had been used till last few
    years. Yet we have many countries where old traditional methods are used in
    education system.   This is something that does not bring up... read more

9. easylearningweb profile image86
    easylearningwebposted 7 years ago

When teaching kids, young and old, I think the key factor is to make it fun and engage the learner. With younger kids, keep lessons short and simple and be sure to provide lots of positive feedback, rather than negative feedback. With older kids, it may be a little more difficult to keep their interest, so it's important to ask them for their opinion, and encourage participation. Making things more enjoyable and upbeat will keep them motivated. Remember if kids are having fun, they won't get bored as quickly and they will remember all the fun they had while they were "learning".

working