jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do you learn a foreign language?

1. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 8 years ago

How do you learn a foreign language?

2. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

Usually a study course. To learn to speak the language as apposed to just being able to read it you need some form of Audio, a native speaker is the best person to learn from but you can start out even by doing an online course which has audio or check out your local book stores as you can often buy Language DVD's online.  In the past when I've studied a language I've then travelled to the relevant country and practiced using it when shopping etc.

3. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 8 years ago

There are several ways.
    First, classes + books (the formal way)
    Secondly, through entertainment like TV, songs etc. (informal and more fun), but do take note that you may not be able to learn correct grammar etc.

Lastly, always be courageous in speaking to others in the new language. Practice makes perfect!

4. RealEstateHelper profile image58
    RealEstateHelperposted 8 years ago

Well, for me i would make friends with a person who knows the language and have him/ her teach me so that I can pick it up fast.

5. mnonline profile image57
    mnonlineposted 7 years ago

The best way to learn foreign language is to take a class. Why? The professor will teach you all the basic that you cannot learn anywhere else. Without knowing the basic, you will not understand anything.

It is hard to learn by yourself as you will not understand how the language is structured and how to say it right.

The second method is to travel to a specific country with the language you want to learn. Then you would participate with people around you and listen to what they say. Over time, you will actually be speaking their language without knowing it.

Lastly, just hang out with foreign friends. They will teach you the language. This is very effective. Interact with them. You will pick up some smile

6. profile image0
    Leenie723posted 7 years ago

1. Books and Websites
        (http://www.learnhebrewpod.com) if you want to learn Hebrew

2. Practice and speak it as much as you can

3. Music

Closed to reply

working