jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How can you say 'no' to a friend in need of money?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

How can you say 'no' to a friend in need of money?

2. profile image52
    tryoneposted 7 years ago

It won't be in the best interest of our friendship or if I gave you the money and you fail to repay after that we have nothing to say.

3. iSpraytan profile image60
    iSpraytanposted 7 years ago

Easy: Quote Suze Ormond you fix money with money. You can take them out to eat but you never loan money. If you feel the need to give and not want it back thats great. Other than that. NO!

4. KelseyR18 profile image54
    KelseyR18posted 7 years ago

Well simply let them down easy. You can either tell them no directly or say you don't have any money you can lend right now. Money is a friendship killer. I don't think a friend should ask for money to be lent to them in the first place so as sorry as you may feel just say no and tell them why you cant lend them the money even if the reason is you don't feel comfortable if there real friends they wont mind and if they stop speaking to you or get mad then just ignore them.

5. clicketmaster profile image60
    clicketmasterposted 7 years ago

Just say "It's tough times for all of us, I'm sorry but my budget is so tight, that I've had to cut back on a lot of pleasures myself." "I really wished I could have helped, Sorry"

That should work just fine, or you can reverse the question on to them and say. "Wow, that was weird, I was just about to ask you the same questions" and just both of you laugh about it..

Good luck