jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe in a physical hell, where you are tortured for all eternity? Or i

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image76
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 7 years ago

Do you believe in a physical hell, where you are tortured for all eternity? Or is hell something...

different?

2. ledefensetech profile image71
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

Hell is acting in a way that separates you from God.  If God is the source of all things, can you think of anything worse than cutting yourself off from that source?  If God is love, then surely love can't cut you off.  Only you can cut yourself off from love.  So in the end, hell is a punishment you inflict upon yourself by cutting yourself off from the source of all things.

In other words no, hell is not some place of fiery torment that you languish in for all eternity.

3. platinumOwl4 profile image75
    platinumOwl4posted 7 years ago

Hell or heaven is a state of mind. If your are living the life you prefer then you are in a state of heaven. If the odds seem to be against you, then you are living in a state of Hell. The Egyptians believed in a hear after. So much so they buried items from this life so they would be prepared for the next. Then they were excavated, and there they were with all of their possession and a 3 or 4 thousand year old mummy. Just think about it.

4. Dorothee-Gy profile image69
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

I agree with the answers so far. Hell and heaven are states of mind and we have and live them while we are here. The more we are united with our True Core, we live the Kingdom of Heaven right here, the less in sync with it we are (which means, the more negative emotions we allow in our experience), we live the hell on earth.

This concept seems to go on after our physcial death as well, as some Near-death-experiences indicate, when people were actually suffering torture and pain until they gave up and surrendered. Then they saw the light and knew that it was all their own doing and their own belief systems.

5. estranged911 profile image65
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

I believe hell is right here on earth. If you do not repent to you sins, then you're gonna be stuck here on earth life after life.

working