jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is metformin (medicine to reduce blood sugar) good for me? coz im planning to h

1. profile image47
    mrvelascoposted 7 years ago

is metformin (medicine to reduce blood sugar) good for me?  coz im planning to have a baby.

me and my hubby having sex for me to get pregnant but im always have a monthly period.

2. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Definitely talk to a doctor about this one...metformin has many different uses and side effects, and no doubt the doctor will have some useful information on how to reduce high blood sugar more safely and naturally -- that is, unless you're diabetic and they've already prescribed it. One of the more common side effects of metformin is dangerous lows -- especially if you're not closely monitoring your blood sugar or it fluctuates wildly -- and that is much more dangerous than moderately high blood sugar. Even Type II diabetes will generally take a few years to have permanent effects, but lows can send people into a coma very quickly. It's also imperative to let your doctor know you're trying to get pregnant so that any drugs that are not safe during pregnancy can be changed.

3. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

Are you diabetic? I know that in pregnancy is recommended to use insulin, but I am not a physician and a professional opinion is better

4. profile image44
    JoniMilersposted 7 years ago

Glipizide and metformin has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials, with many people being evaluated.
    http://www.sideeffectsguide.org/metformin-side-effects/

working