jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Science is killing the innocent do you agree or disagree?

1. Tkumah profile image61
    Tkumahposted 7 years ago

Science is killing the innocent do you agree or disagree?

2. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 7 years ago

You need to elaborate on your statement in order for people to give a constructive answer. However, my response would be that science is not killing people, ignorance is.

3. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 7 years ago

Science doesn't kill people,people kill people.

4. Tkumah profile image61
    Tkumahposted 7 years ago

Thank you. You are both right. People kill people.
    I want to elaborate but I am having difficulties. All I can think of is a man with a wig pointing at an innocent person and saying "she is a witch, I saw her cross her eyes."
    Science is proof based and as such can only study matter,
    which leaves a large part of being human burried alive.

5. profile image0
    TechTrendyposted 7 years ago

I disagree. Science only perpetuates further advancement in fields such as medicine, research and more. I totally agree with mintinfo.

6. Jeremey profile image58
    Jeremeyposted 7 years ago

Its a confusing question that I guess would be a matter of context but in general I would say no, as in the other answers already given it's not the gun that kills people, its the one that pulls the trigger! Start a hub on this one, I imagine it would generate quite a few comments!

7. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Science is a tool. You can do good or bad things with it.

If scientific evolution lags behind spiritual evolution than bad things can happen. If spiritual evolution is ahead of scientific evolution then the outcome would be better.

For example in World War II, Germans had good science. But spiritually they were lagging.
    The had better tank, guns, aircraft and ballistic missiles. The actually killed millions of people many of them were innocent.
    They performed genocide.

8. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

No, not as you have stated it.  Science is the process of learning.

Closed to reply