jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Reasons for the mass die-offs of bird and fish world-wide during the first week

1. Theresa_Kennedy profile image73
    Theresa_Kennedyposted 7 years ago

Reasons for the mass die-offs of bird and fish world-wide during the first week in January?

Have you heard a plausible explanation that makes sense? Fire-works, temperatures, and "it happens all the time" left too many questions unanswered. Why only specific species, why world-wide, why were their internal organs liquified?

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Many of us wrote about this topic and I hope answers are found for you in these Hubs. Some may also think it was all connected to seismic shocks occurring in prelude to the March 2011 Japanese disaster. If you shake an animal hard enough, its organs might liquefy, depending on a number of variabes...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Millions … e-Annually

http://hubpages.com/hub/End-of-the-Worl … s-and-Fish  by Dorsi

3. Theresa_Kennedy profile image73
    Theresa_Kennedyposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the links to those two hubs, Patty. I did find yours an interesting theory re: Eather's magnetic poles reversing. There have been a few reported die-offs in the southern hemisphere as well: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& … 5af104a22b

If you look at the map, it is interesting to note that the majority of die-offs are in the Eastern US, while all of Africa and most of Asia is untouched. If it were a result of pre-seizmic activity, wouldn't more of Western US and Asia have been heavily affected?

(disclaimer: I'm not a scientist and have not studied this stuff at all, just curious and always asking questions)

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

Die offs of this sort happen intermittently and veterinarians explained why at the time. the mistake is in thinking they all have a common cause.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

There was a toxic bacteria present in the plankton eaten by many species of ocean fish.  The inland die-offs I do not know.

6. jelliott115 profile image61
    jelliott115posted 7 years ago

I know this isn't an 'answer', and I believe an earlier poster was trying to make this point, but it seems the question itself has been forgotten (much like "Why isnt the government answering the questions about the other events that happened at 9/11?").

People are so enthralled with their lives that they see a phenomenon and think "Meh, it must have been a fluke.". No one really ever gave an answer that made a lot of sense, and because of society's ability to turn a blind eye and think that someone else will figure it out, the issue was never pushed. Thats not to say that there aren't scientists going ape**** right now trying to figure it out, but the issue to the general public has been forgotten.

Unfortunately this is the reality of it all.