jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think that there is one particular experience that has shaped the way you

1. Coop the Loop profile image59
    Coop the Loopposted 6 years ago

Do you think that there is one particular experience that has shaped the way you think?

2. Hyphenbird profile image92
    Hyphenbirdposted 6 years ago

Yes! When I accepted Jesus as the Messiah and as my Lord, I wanted to know about Him. As I learned that He is love and how to be like Him, I began to think in a loving manner and project that out to others. Now my thinking is about helping and reaching out others more than myself.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I think in all of my life, the one experience that affected the way I think or view the world was the death of my mother when i was 15.  Suddenly being alone in the world had a profound effect on my attitude and affects me still to this day--44 years later.

4. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 6 years ago

On August 1, 1982 A.D. a Sunday morning GOD shown me in a vision the other side of death. It is glorious. I live in total recall of it everyday of my life on the earth. I am humbled and blessed by this experience that I experienced on August 1, 1982 A.D. This experience prepared me for the article that I have written and is seen around the world in 8 countries through 100 percent referring sites and answering questions on hubpages.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

i will answr your qushtion by saying yes i dont care to share anymore other than life comes with plenty of experinces good and bad its up to you how they effect you and your life

6. Trevor Davis profile image54
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

Car accidents are one hell of an experience.

7. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

When, at around thirty-three (I'm 75 in April)  I discovered that we can communicate with what many people call 'the spirits,' or deceased people.  Also, that we are also in contact with other living people at a deeper level in our minds.   It took me around three years to accept that this was real, and not just a figment of my imagination.   When it finally came home to me that it's true (for me, anyway) I realized that we really are immortal beings; that is spiritual beings having an earthly experience.   It changed my whole outlook.

Of course, I'm not alone in this.  As the years go by I realize that there are a great many people who have the gift of 'channeling' or 'mediumship,' as it used to be called.

Of course, there are those who scoff and will never believe.  But that's their loss.