jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think civilian companies should start fnding NASA?

1. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 6 years ago

Do you think civilian companies should start fnding NASA?

NASA is funded by tax payer dollars. So there's always grounds to complain about tax money going towards something that maybe benefits one or two people in a lifetime.

But NASA is a civilian organization. And civilian companies like McDonalds and Wal*Mart have more money than the average joe. So do you agree that they should start footing the bill for some of these space explorations?

2. rajanrayhan profile image47
    rajanrayhanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I think so, but what will be the future of NASA?

3. AngusNz profile image61
    AngusNzposted 6 years ago

When companies sponsor something they do so to look for profit, advertising and expansion. Help!!!! if space travel is driven by enterprise (not the ship). Although it may speed tghings up a little?

4. WindMaestro profile image62
    WindMaestroposted 6 years ago

If civilian corporations start funding NASA, then they shall have their foot in the door for advertising, product placement, endorsement,s and benefits attributed to space exploration. They will be able to steer the direction of the program towards personal gain, and thus eliminate the entire purpose of NASA, which is to make scientific discoveries aiding that of scientists, professional or private practice, across the world. You are wrong in the sense that you say that it benefits one or two people in a lifetime. YOu are right in the sense of perhaps personal experiences ,but NASA is unparalleled in its ability to expose newfound information and discoveries to the masses.

5. EltMrx profile image57
    EltMrxposted 6 years ago

Why don't McDonalds and Wal-Mart create a co-op and go into space themselves!

Seriously... Who would want to go into the endless voids of outer space without the comfort of a Shamrock Shake and a McRib.

I'd love to see a space shuttle with a Golden Arches tramp stamp on the back smile

My point is... Space exploration should not be monopolized by NASA, any company as well as any individual should literally reach for the stars