jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How soon do you think you should start a new relationship after your loved one d

1. dingyskipper profile image64
    dingyskipperposted 19 months ago

How soon do you think you should start a new relationship after your loved one dies.

I have a new boyfriend, we new each other 35 years ago. We met again 3 months after my husbands death.  My husband was an usher at his wedding. We have been together for 6 months now and could not be happier. We both have good memories of Martin, and I think that helps

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13110708_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13110891_f260.jpg

Life is a (personal) journey.
    When you're ready you're ready.

3. Alex Hunter profile image72
    Alex Hunterposted 19 months ago

As long as it makes you both happy, there are no set rules. If you think it is fine then it truly is. And if you are concerned about what others might think or say then simply remind yourself that it is your life and your choices, you don't have to fulfill somebody's expectations.

4. profile image61
    beestonsarahposted 15 months ago

It depends. Was he still married when you got together? How did you come across each other again? Each to their own, but I would be interested as to how you stumbled across each other again in later years. You mention your husband was an usher at his wedding, so is he a widower? In which case, I think go for it. You have both had a second chance at happiness. By no means am I having a go, but I am curious as to what his circumstances were when you got together. It may be difficult if he has been also recently divorced or widowed himself

1. dingyskipper profile image64
      dingyskipperposted 15 months agoin reply to this

He was divorced about 9 years ago, he got dumped for a new model! He was living with a girl, but was  considering leaving as neither of them were happy
      Meeting again is all googles and Facebooks fault. I googled martins old friends when he died

2. profile image61
      Sarahbeestonposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Ah I see. I have just been dumped by a divorcee i dated 9 months after losing my own husband, he was not over his wife. I wonder if it was too soon for me, it hurts bad. I wish you and your man happiness and also wish his ex partner happiness also.

working