What are the roots of racism?

1. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 6 years ago

What are the roots of racism?

If you are like about 80 % people you will remain silent hearing a racist remark. You will be even less troubled if you know and like the racist. Bystander effects are more powerful than biological impulses (ingrained prejudices against people of different skin colour) and it also provides an insight into the herd behaviour that can so easily spiral into race riots.

2. Mr-Yo LV profile image58
    Mr-Yo LVposted 6 years ago

Ignorance plays a big role in racism.  Some are brought up like that.  Racist people tend to talk about others' bad traits more often than to focus on the good ones.  The fact that some middle aged or old men or women choose to judge a person's character by his/her appearance never ceases to make me pity them.

3. ICITMYWAY profile image56
    ICITMYWAYposted 6 years ago

Our country will forever drive me crazy. I am currently on my way to getting my major in History and our country was built on racism. It drives me crazy that the founders of our nation left the old world to escape racism and oppresion and religious freedom. Then once here we split up th original colonies, all into different religious sects. We treated the Native Americans horribly and then after that the slave trade began. Then immigration into the new world began with the Irish, Germans, and Japanese and even more racism and religious hatred emerged. This country was built on the backs of slaves, we were a slave nation and treated everyone that was here before us horribly, beating and murdering them, and people that came after to search for what we ultimately wanted, "Freedom". I am ashamed with how our nation was created and how the nation still is today!

working