jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A question of philosophy for you guys,Do you thnk a utopia is possible, Why or w

1. profile image49
    Thought-Provokingposted 6 years ago

A question of philosophy for you guys,Do you thnk a utopia is possible, Why or why not?

if you do think it's possible how would we achieve it, and if not why can we not achieve it

2. profile image49
    Thought-Provokingposted 6 years ago

Let me put forth my opinion, I don't really believe it's possible myself, because humans will always hold some form of bad intention which is based on uncontrolled emotion, and from that they will do some form of bad deed, which from that bad deed a chain o bad events will spring forth from it causing even more bad chain of events which cause even more, and so on and so on. Now the only way we could break this cycle is if we start doing good and start a new cycle which is ran and based on good intentions and well controlled emotions, there will always be a bad in our world we can't escape it, but we could try our best to keep it as small as possible, but that's my opinion, i will write a hub on this soon, please put forth your opinions  they would be greatly appreciated, i might use some ideas in here in my next hub. Thank you!

3. GamesReviewed profile image56
    GamesReviewedposted 6 years ago

No, that would require perfect balance. Nature is evolution is change is entropy. A utopia would mean there is no longer progress and no survival which can not be achieved. This all leaves out the idea of sin (I mean sin as in actions of harm against your fellow man or ones self) but I am human and I am flawed as we all are. Hope this helps.

4. Freeway Flyer profile image91
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

No. It only takes a small number of idiots to screw up any plan. Still, we should always be working to make incremental improvements.

5. TheWorldNow profile image71
    TheWorldNowposted 6 years ago

Humanity's greatest strength is also their greatest weakness. Everyone has their own unique perspective on the world, which allows for mankind to progress because we can look at problems from many different perspectives instead of being limited by only one.
    This also has its problems because people naturally believe their perspective is the best. Since so many people have different perspectives it will be impossible to meet everyone's idea of a utopia.
    What might be a utopia to some people will not be to others because people are free thinking and will come to different conclusions based on their own varying experiences. Thus there can never be a utopia for humanity because it is impossible for all of humanity to agree; that is what makes us so strong as a species, even if it assures that humanity can never be at peace.