jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Besides printing press and microchip, what would you consider to be man's greate

1. Porshadoxus profile image77
    Porshadoxusposted 6 years ago

Besides printing press and microchip, what would you consider to be man's greatest invention?

2. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 6 years ago

There are so many!  but I think I will go with the humble safety pin!  Think of all it can do!

3. Alastar Packer profile image83
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

How about Quantum information science with things like quantum encryption etc. etc.

4. HSanAlim profile image66
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

I put the invention of language and the wheel as nominees for the greatest inventions ever.  Amost everything else would have not happened without those two inventions.

5. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

duct tape is one of the greatest inventions ever.

6. mintinfo profile image74
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

Religion is man's greatest invention. It has been used to indoctrinate and enslave entire races of people. Don't believe it? In Japan there are people calling themselves Jews.

7. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

The Interent has to be one of them.  It has really changed the world we live in.  Some jobs can now be done anywhere with an Internet connection, opening up telecommuting and working remotely on a permanent basis.  It also has opened up information sharing like nothing since the printing press.  Intead of spending an hour or two at the library looking for answers, now they can be found in minutes from one's home via the Internet.  It has also opened up many other opportunities from online banking to remote medical services.

8. wandererh profile image75
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

It's so hot here, so man's greatest invention has got to be air conditioning.  Ohhh, let's not forget television, and of course, the remote control.  And beer.  And the humble couch, since a couch potato's got to sit somewhere, right?  And then there's....ohhh....I'm supposed to name only one greatest invention?  Okay, I'll shut up now.  smile

9. edhan profile image59
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Traveling into the outer space.

It is a great achievement in invention that man has made this success.

It will be nice if everyone has a chance to live outside this world.