jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

An individual is as strong as his will to succeed? Let's argue this question for

1. BakerRambles profile image86
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

An individual is as strong as his will to succeed? Let's argue this question for the sake of arguing

2. ShaneMorris profile image60
    ShaneMorrisposted 6 years ago

In a sense, I absolutely agree with you - because you said the 'individual' is as strong as his will to succeed, you didn't say that as long as the individual has a strong will he will succeed. My father once told me that diamonds formed under pressure, and that if you can look back or stumble upon true stories of people that accomplished great things, and led helpful and friendly lives with everyone they met. Some people like this were made into who they are by dealing with some of the worst of circumstances - possibilities are endless. I can say this confidently as I've seen it before, but I can't find myself honestly agreeing that these types of people always succeed. Sometimes things go wrong and the good face darkness while they're conflicting people led rich, easy lives. It's a sad thought, but I suppose that's the way of the world. All you can do, is try.

3. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Whatever dude................some people have conviction and some falter.

Arguing for the sake of arguing...........is a WASTE of my time and my skill.

I might as well be preaching to the choir.

4. BakerRambles profile image86
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

The diamonds under pressure are a great analogy, and I'm not arguing to argue, I'm doing it for a sense of philosophical freedoms.  One can be convicted or falter, I for one have been through hell and back, living in extreme poverty, but I have found a sense of belonging by trying to right every wrong that has ever been done towards me, thus creating a will to succeed under any circumstance.  I do appreciate your critical feedback however, and I hope to see you in more of my forums

working