If you are a second and/or third generation Holocaust survivor, please elaborate

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

If you are a second and/or third generation Holocaust survivor, please elaborate

as to how your family Holocaust impacted on you and the methodology you are taking to educate people about this horrific and inhuman experience?

2. Hello, hello, profile image58
    Hello, hello,posted 6 years ago

Thank you for contacting me but I am not.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 3 years ago

Obviously I'm not a descendent of a Holocaust survivor; the reason I'm answering this question is because as a child, I was madly in love with someone who might have been one.  I was only in the 6th grade, but I never forgot him; he was good-looking, upbeat, eternally cheerful, and great in sports.  He was everything I wanted to be.  I met his mother; she scared me.  She seemed really fierce, like the sort of person you don't cross.
    Looking back, I realize some things about her; she was short, and had black hair, unlike her tall blond son.  She also had a heavy German accent.  She obviously was exposed to the Holocaust; she may have even been Jewish.  As for her presence, no doubt that was her coping mechanism.
    The guy always put up a positive act, and was very private about his life.  We befriended each other on FaceBook, and I discovered he was an agnostic.  I also discovered though he had a family of his own, he experienced a lot of turbulence.
    I wonder if I was so attracted to him, and remember him after all this time, because I grew up with a lot of family strife, and clicked with him on a subliminal level.  I know I have always had a fascination with Jews, greatly admiring them, and wishing I could emulate them.  Even though they are the most persecuted people on Earth, many of the world's most prominent people are Jews.