jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you knew that the world and your mortality would end tomorrow, what would you

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

If you knew that the world and your mortality would end tomorrow, what would you do with your time?

[As an aside, the world tomorrow will not be the same as it is today; what could cause you to think that you yourself will be?  (Even the cells in your body will not all be the same cells your body has today.) One of two things is sure to happen: you will be better in some respect, or you will be worse in some respect.  In all likelihood both things will happen by and during tomorrow.]]

2. sasanqua profile image80
    sasanquaposted 6 years ago

I'd probably panic! I'd be too busy panicking to do anything worthwhile...I guess I'd try to spend the time with my family.

3. Allen Williams profile image84
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I would have a few good drinks to relax and just wait for the grand ending.  We are all going to die sometime and the world as we know it will end sometime.  I don't know if that will be the same time for me or not but if I had advance knowledge that it was ending tomorrow, I wouldn't worry much about it because I will be heavily under the influence.  lol

4. samanthamayer profile image72
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Throw a party, have a great time of dancing and socializing with my friends. Then leave after a few hours for the beach, where I would spend my final hours relaxing and sunbathing with my dear family. No different to any other summer, basically enjoying everyday life one last time.

5. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

I'd drive to be with my nuclear family, all of whom live in the same state, not very far away. Because my husband's mother also lives in the area, I imagine we could easily spend the 24 hours together. I'm also fairly sure my husband's siblings would make every effort to drive or fly down to be with their mother, so it appears we'd all be in the same place at the end.

6. Born2care2001 profile image73
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

I would stop, take a deep breath, then continue whatever I was doing. Life will always be a mystery and miracles do happen. There is birth, death and the fabulous continuum in between we call life. No matter how long, I'm living it the same terrific way I am now. Anything else makes my present life a lie!

7. horrez profile image54
    horrezposted 6 years ago

I would run and tell all the people that  i love,  i love them.....grab the people i love the most and get on a boat or helicopter and fly or sail away somewhere comfortable and prepare for whatever is to come..

8. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 6 years ago

Whatever your answer, may I venture to suggest that you might make that one of your goals for 2012 (if you are still around)?

working