jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your take on the world ending in 2012?

1. rednickle profile image81
    rednickleposted 6 years ago

What is your take on the world ending in 2012?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5841616_f260.jpg

2. retellect profile image73
    retellectposted 6 years ago

Um, well.........most people were certain the world would end in 2000! Still waiting.

3. Sottway profile image74
    Sottwayposted 6 years ago

My view is that people who believe it will end, want the world to end - vice versa...

4. jenniferrpovey profile image91
    jenniferrpoveyposted 6 years ago

Pheh. Just because some calendar made by a civilization in South America is clicking over to year zero because it's run out of digits...people think the world is going to end.

I honestly think some people are just so unhappy in their lives they want the world to end.

5. profile image0
    Poetic Foolposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5841739_f260.jpg

This pretty much sums up my take on it ...

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

It ain't gonna happen. You can take that to the bank.

7. Faceless39 profile image91
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

I think it represents the coming the the NWO.  That's it.  It sucks!

8. Matt Clooney profile image59
    Matt Clooneyposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub on this very thing.....as did many others. 2012 will sell some books, that is it. I think that the further we get from the year 2000 the less this end of the world stuff will capture people's imaginations. Though there will still be a sizable Christian contingent who will be awaiting the Second Coming etc. There has always been some preacher or other giving dire predictions, best thing is to ignore.

9. Born2care2001 profile image74
    Born2care2001posted 6 years ago

If it began, logic would have it that it has to end...someday. That someday is the mystery. Take a deep breath...and enjoy life!

10. wilbury4 profile image73
    wilbury4posted 6 years ago

When 2012 elapses without any sign of the world ending, then some other nutter will predict a new world end within the next few years.

11. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Personally I don't really buy into it - even although I am opened minded. In any case if the world is going to end I don't think there's a lot we can do about it, so why worry. I intend to keep on going in 2012 as I would in any other year and just see what life dishes up!

working