jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you want to be a space pioneer?

1. thriver86 profile image59
    thriver86posted 6 years ago

Would you want to be a space pioneer?

Would you explore the reaches of our galaxy and universe to find other life or habitable planets? In doing so you can never return to Earth. You would most likely die on the ship you were on but your descendants, after hundreds of years of exploration would succeed. Would you take part in this endeavor? If so, why? If not, why?

2. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

Herding space cows and eating space beans?

3. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 6 years ago

I would most certainly want to become a space pioneer.  This is in respect to the vast reaches of space that have yet to be discovered as of yet.  I am currently in school for archaeology and most likely going to be pursuing microbiology, so to do so on an interstellar level would be a dream come true.  Of Course, I would first want to terraform a planet, then create a small colony, and eventually venture to other parts of the planet to mine the materials necessary for economic functions on other civilizations we have founded over the next 10,000 years.

4. thriver86 profile image59
    thriver86posted 6 years ago

I think I would love to be the first in the eventual long line of human ancestors to explore the universe. Even if I didn't step foot on an alien planet I would be thrilled to take part in this search. As one of the first people to leave the planet we would forever be immortalized in history, like Colombus or Magellan.

5. rebeccamealey profile image83
    rebeccamealeyposted 6 years ago

If I felt that my survival and the survival of my offspring was at stake then yes, I would! Pioneers  have forged for new lands since the recording of history. Where would we be without them!

6. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Not for me. I have a huge fear of heights so the thought of climbing at that pace and to those heights would probably cause me to have a heart attack. Sorry! Count me out.