jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some good ways to encourage high school students to study outside of sc

1. AliciaC profile image99
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

What are some good ways to encourage high school students to study outside of school hours?

2. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 6 years ago

You could have them do something relaxing to transition from school and other activities. Then they would work for a certain amount of time that was agreed upon earlier. After the work, then it's time to play. They should reward themselves in a healthy way and have a good time. Next time they spend time learning something they may remember that they balanced that time with good old fashioned play afterward.

3. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

My daughter is home schooled and sometimes it is difficult to get her to study. I have found that if I reward her for getting all of her schoolwork done in a timely manner that it goes better. One of the ways is to let her have a friend over for the night. She has to have all of her schoolwork up to date and I should not have to yell at her to get it done. Then she gets the sleepover.

4. JASCO4EDUCATION profile image60
    JASCO4EDUCATIONposted 6 years ago

We need to connect the usual hobbies that they do with giving incentives to study. We have to show the relevance of them studying outside of school hours. We also shouldn't make homework overbearing. We should encourage study groups that do not demand such long amounts of time. In essence, we have to be time effective and cunning in how to connect good study habits with extracurricular activities.