What, if anything, are you doing to make the world a better place?
Donating? Caring for others? Educating? Applying your skills? Changing your attitudes? Practicing your faith? Reaching out?
Saying yes to idea; moving in; forming plan of self; getting over plan; queuing collective; philanthropy is a shoddy psychology. Progression; now there's an idea. Yes or no? It's no longer a question; it's just a fact of ultimatum in this race of beings. The world is Human not racist or fascist or bigot; or is it...who decides? I say let the individual concur before having mr big shot shoot his big shoddy gun in the sky and whine "WHY!??????" my EMPIREEEE nooooooo.
Social warfare? That's my answer. It's been pressed onto me man by commercialism; they got me addicted to it I'm buying tapes to stop buying tapes. It's wowie. Life is too hard; get laid? No! Maintain to pervade.
By being too poor to waste money on gas, water, electricity and fancy foods.
12% of the world's population uses 85 percent of its water.
The richest fifth use 58% of the total energy, the poorest fifth use less than 4%.
Personally, I would never be so bold as to consider myself as one who can do things that would make the world a better place.
Thus, about the only thing I do is constantly try to be an all-around cool dude.
Besides, a great many human beings who have made efforts to "make the world a better place" have touched off and/or carried out some of the worst atrocities and bloodiest wars in history.
Teaching in a 'challenging school' in an inner city in the UK as part of the Teach First scheme.
I personally work community service. Through Scouts, Student Council and Interact (youth rotary) I take on a ton of projects, from canned food drives to building up local park. I have also done some random community work, such as helping with tree lightings and car shows that support random causes.
I plan to some day make a decent living and become more philanthropic. I would also like to write (as more of a career) and persuade better ethics and instill intelligence in others. I realize these two don't usually go hand in hand though.
As far as ideology is concerned, choose whatever philosophy you want. All I know is that the meaning I've given my life is to be a better person and contribute something. If I were to die knowing I only enjoyed my life without doing anything meaningful, I would feel pretty worthless.
- Five minutes ago I asked my husband if he wanted anything from the kitchen.
-All day I answered people's questions (here and at permies.com), with practical support to help them create beauty, stay warm and safe, or share the planet.
- Last weekend I talked about religion with my in-laws, and we both enjoyed it.
- Last month I put out more documentation for some highly efficient, biofueled, thermal mass heaters that could help reduce both smog and deforestation, while keeping folks from freezing to death; and they make 'doing the right thing' appealing by being indulgently comfortable. Over the next six months, I am putting together a series of workshops to share these with people along I-90 and the eastern states. This is ongoing; our last 5 years' work.
- Last year I introduced 60+ kindygardeners to the outdoor survival skills of drinking water, eating healthy snacks, and being polite to each other. And shared great, low-cost, activities with another 30 childcare providers, camp staff, and teachers so their kids can enjoy similar outdoor fun.
- In the next 5 years, I plan to help my husband build a large boat that he wants to use for coastal disaster relief.
- The 20-year plan, if we be blessed with children, is to raise them with enough 'boat time' to carry on his family's longstanding maritime tradition.
What am I doing for myself?
Eating well, sleeping late, enjoying my marriage, making things, and keeping everything else in perspective.
by taburkett18 months ago
What do you do personally to make society a better place? What do you think others should do?Today many people blame others for the decay in moral society. However, these same individuals do not accept...
by Nicola Thompson5 years ago
What have you done to help make the world a better place? What do you plan to do?There are so many little things we can all do to make everything work harmoniously. We can compost, recycle, start after school programs,...
by Chasuk5 years ago
But more Buddhists?
by Alhamora6 years ago
Science has made the world a better place??
by Barefootfae5 years ago
This seems to be an issue. There is a forum beating Christians over the head so I decided why not be fair?
by Claire Evans3 years ago
I've heard that atheists claim that the point of their existence is to leave the world in a better place. As we know, the world is never a better place. Why struggle through life, learn to love and then die?...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.