Would the world be a better place if there were fewer atheists?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (349 posts)
  1. Barefootfae profile image59
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

This seems to be an issue. There is a forum beating Christians over the head so I decided why not be fair?

1. Josak profile image61
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Tough question, there does not seem to be any central atheist doctrine and there is no evidence that atheists commit any more crimes (indeed the crime rate is falling as atheist numbers rise) there is no doubt that atheists do evil things as do people of every denomination but since they have no militant doctrine even militant atheists are relatively harmless (sometimes not, take the USSR for example, but that was more communism than atheism).

How I would answer the question is simply when was the last time we saw an atheist in the media blowing up a church? Or killing people for having their faith, on the other hand we have Christians blowing up abortion clinics, Muslims killing Christians, Christians killing Muslims, Christians still killing Christians over the protestant vs Catholic war in Ireland etc etc. so given that tendency to violence I would say no the world would be better off with more atheists as their doctrine (or lack thereof) does not lead them to evil and violent acts.

1. Elijah7 profile image58
        Elijah7posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Truth is Josak, True Christianity IS HERE to Remove Evil.

Imagine for a moment a world where EVERYONE has repented of their SINS, been Cleansed and Forgiven, and through Honouring God, JESUS & Holy Scripture, ARE GOING FORTH, Deliberately sinning NO MORE...

THIS, is The Ultimate Goal of The Gospel.

It's REBELLION AGAINST The True, Advanced Gospel that IS the Actual Source of ALL Evil in the world NOW...

One Day (1000 Years), The Hope Above Becomes A REALITY.

You want in ??? or OUT ?

Isaiah 7 : 14
        "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 53 : 5
        "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him;
        and with his stripes we are healed."

Isaiah 53 : 7
        "He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth."

Ezekiel 18 : 30
        "Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.

Zechariah 12 : 10
        "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications:
        and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

† 1 Timothy 1 : 12 - 17 †
        "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all
        longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

† Matthew 7:13-14 †
        "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
        Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6697992_f248.jpg

1. recommend1 profile image59
          recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Please don't litter up the pages with your kiddies drawings and babble.  Your 'glaring' error is to believe that saying it loudly or colourfully enough will give the empty words some meaning - all it does is make people sick.  Put away your colouring book and just write what what you want to say.  And scripture dioahrea is just so 'yesterday' all the other babblers have gone off to a scrip site somewhere where thay can impress each other by spouting nothing about nothing.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Elijah, you would gain far more respect from people here if you stopped copying and pasting bible passages and instead expressed your views based upon what you believe to be true. Put some effort into your content rather than your colouring in, we are not impressed.

Not LOOKING for any "respect"

Acts 10 : 34

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:"

The Word OF God IS The Ultimate Truth

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6702260.jpg

1. artblack01 profile image60
              artblack01posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Your not looking for respect yet you are supposed to be a Christian and a representative of your god. You don't want to be respectful or get people to respect your beliefs or your god? Well, them you must not be a believer, you must just be someone looking to annoy people so that they won't want to feel compelled to listen to you and the word of god. Good job!

Same old, same old lying word twisting. Taking Truth and trying to make out it's something different... Nice try - BAD ATTEMPT - Failed....

satan beat you to it mate....

Tried it on In The Garden..FAILED LIKEWISE...

Just earnt The Old Serpent a ONE WAY TICKET to The Lake Of Fire..

NO CHANCE OF ANY REPRIEVE - AMEN & AMEN.

You wanna go there TOO....???

Your choice....believe what you want...MY JOB IS DONE here....

Bye bye....

Revelation 12 : 7 - 9

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Revelation 21 : 7 - 8

"He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

They don't teach you about THE SECOND DEATH at the university of perverse atheism DO THEY NOW ????

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6703102_f248.jpg

You can believe whatever fantasy you want bout god and the devil in your little story book but I would rather believe what is true, what has evidence, what is real, what is useful, what benefits mankind and all life on earth. I would rather believe in what works. You have nothing but a fantasy tale for which has been broken up into so many different versions it's become meaningless. Not to mention all the different other religions with different gods and stories on the world. How can you tell which one is true? Evidence is king. Evidence will lead you to the truth. And ye truth is the universe needs no god. Keep telling yourself you are right and that we are lying and twisting words. The only person you can convince that of is yourself and the choir. Not to mention I thought you were convinced you were not going to stop till you brought me proof that I was wrong and that your god and Jesus were right? You failed.

2. recommend1 profile image59
                  recommend1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I wasn't direct enough - why don't you take your multi-coloured babble somewhere else where they like superstitious nonsense.  These forums are for discussion I believe, not religious spam.

3. twosheds1 profile image62
                  twosheds1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you haver permission to publish Slayer album cover pictures?

TROUBLE-MAKER - IT'S NOT SLAYER ARTWORK - GOOD BYE.

4. artblack01 profile image60

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

See I can quote the Bible too.

3. artblack01 profile image60

Your bible holds no meaning for us. I have read the bible myself so it goes double for most of us that have. Reading them will not help your case. What happened to you trying to prove your fantasy to me as real. You failed. And you will fail with anyone who has critical thinking skills.

Art...my own critical thinking skills are THE REASON for posting in this Forum and elsewhere...

You are FAR TOO HASTY in making FALSE judgments.

Hasn't it DAWNED on any of you YET ???

You have ALL made a HORRIBLE and TERRIBLE mistake...

We ALL trust EXPERTS in various fields and professions to help us with whatever might be needed...

Doctors, mechanics, computer technicians, airplane maintenance staff,
            the list is ENDLESS.....

It REALLY is High Time you guys started TRUSTING Bible Experts....

This is NOT just about "The Hereafter"...

This is ALSO about "The Present Season" we are ALL involved in...

THE Challenge to ALL people that this Forum Post has engaged, (those who are virulently OPPOSED)...Is VERY SIMPLE....

Just TRY for a moment to REALLY  THINK CRITICALLY - only In Reverse...

JUST TRY Believing for "a very small season" and ASK THIS QUESTION :

"IF i am WRONG, and The True Christian Bible Experts ARE Correct, what do i REALLY HAVE TO LOSE, by Agreeing with them and Admitting i AM wrong?"

Conversely, (as right now), take the opposite view, and THEN CONSIDER this :-

"What will i LOSE if they ARE Right and i CONTINUE to fight and oppose The Truth they Present, As Written?"

Don't be TOO hasty here....take a little time to think this through CRITICALLY.....

Is your opposition simply a blind knee jerk reaction BECAUSE of Pride and REFUSAL to admit error?

Trust me Art, there IS NO SHAME AT ALL in admitting you are WRONG.

On the VERY CONTRARY...This :-

Isaiah 11 : 4

"But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked."

Matthew 11 : 29

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6702480.jpg

Hasty? Hardly, you are no expert especially compared to many of us who have studied the bible and the claims. You have no critical thinking skills or grasp the concept of critical thinking.
              The only mistake we could make is living on faith. You can't just give blind trust to experts no matter who they are.
              If i have knowledge of the truth why would I even acknowledge your fantasy for which I know to be mythology believed by primitive peoples long ago used to explain what they were unable to explain? That's not critical thinking. You are arguing from ignorance.
              If you know for a fact that something is false would you continue to follow such an idea for fear or hope that it is right? That is ignorance beyond ignorance. Pride has nothing to do with anything, I believein things base on evidence and I examine and test all evidence presented to me for errors and willful misleading and willful ignorance. I would admit to being wrong if you could prove that I am wrong. I once had a different view towards the Big Bang idea due to lack of relevant evidence. I assumed that there was something before a big bang, a big crunch. I admit I was wrong and that before the big bang is an impossible statement to make since time didn't exist so there is no before concept... But I digress. If you have evidence I will listen I will examine and if there is no error I will concede but I will let you know when YOU are in error. I ask you the question. Are YOU willing to admit when you are wrong? If god was proven to be a human creation will you admit that you are wrong? Or is YOUR pride in the way? What would convince you that you are wrong? I doubt that you would admit to being wrong or even attempt to listen to proof of the opposite of your belief, here in lies your hypocrisy.

OKAY Art - Challenge ACCEPTED ...

Written around 1000 BC In The Book of Psalms WHEN God Through King David Revealed The Future In Holy Scripture.

JESUS Is Born Through The Judaic Lineage of Joseph & Mary that STEMS Directly back Through King David :-

† Psalm 41 : 9 †

"Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."

† Psalm 69 : 21 †

"They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink."

† Psalm 22 : 16 †

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."

† Psalm 22 : 18 †

"They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."

† Psalm 34 : 20 †

"He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken."

† Psalm 16 : 10†

"For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."

† Psalm 68 : 18 †

"Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the Lord God might dwell among them."

† ALL THESE DIVINE SUPERNATURAL PROPHECIES WERE FULFILLED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF - SOME 1033 years later.

As Follows :

† judas iscariot BETRAYED The Lord when they sat at The Last Supper, and JESUS Gave judas the "sop" BREAD DIPPED IN SOUP.

† Gall and Vinegar was OFFERED TO Christ ON THE CROSS, a rOMAN medicinal practise to EASE THE PAIN of The Crucifixion.

† The Roman soldiers Cast Lots to see who would get his clothing (items of value in those days)..They split up the smaller items of clothing "parted his garments" - BUT His Robe was Woven IN ONE PIECE, so they couldn't DIVIDE THAT, so they gambled for it BY CASTING LOTS.

† Hands and Feet PUNCTURED By The Nails On His Cross.

† The Assemby of The Wicked - THE SANHEDRIN, cooked up the false charges and had Christ Crucified with the FINAL CONSENT of Pontius PIlate.

† "Dogs" is a well known Hebrew synonym for INFIDELS, UNBELIEVERS, which the Jewish Sanhedrin MOST DEFINTELY WERE at the material time, OTHERWISE, they would Have ACCEPTED their MESSIAH had COME..

† He was ALREADY DEAD when they came to break His Bones, (as was normal Roman custom to FINISH OFF The Crucifixion Victim).

† JESUS Was ALREADY DEAD, so the centurion SHOVED A SPEAR IN HIS SIDE, Just to be CERTAIN....

† His Bones were NOT BROKEN, unlike the others...

† JESUS Then RESURRECTED, Because HE IS GOD AS THE MAN...

† JESUS Then Ascended 40 days later and Took Control of The Universe, As The FInal Great Judge, AS PLANNED By His Father - JEHOVAH - Amen †

ALSO :

Written around by The Prophet Zechariah around 487 BC :

† Zechariah 11 : 12 - 13 †

"And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord."

† Fulfilled PRECISELY by judas iscariot and the Sanhedrin in AD 33.5 to the LETTER....

† The 30 pieces of silver was regarded by the Temple Jews as BLOOD
                MONEY...

† The silver was used to purchase a burial plot for judas (AFTER he hung himself with such force his GUTS BURST OUT)

† The field is The Potters Field, AKA Aceldama or Field of Blood used to bury strangers in.

† Jeremiah was involved in the original land purchase some TWO HUNDRED YEARS before Zechariah and some 630 odd years before judas.

Zechariah Goes ON To Prophesy this :

† Zechariah 12 : 10 †

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

† SELF EXPLANATORY : First Born Son of God Crucifed and Lanced On The Cross - IN FULL VIEW OF THE SANHEDRIN †

† JESUS offers Salvation By GRACE and SUPPLICATIONS to God FOR ALL who WILL BELIEVE - Amen †

† Isaiah 53 : 9 †

"And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth."

† Isaiah Prophesied around 712 BC - Above IS The Prophecy Of JESUS being laid in Joseph of Arimathaea's New Tomb - JOSEPH WAS RICH.

† Also, one thief next to Him On The Cross Wickedly DENIED Christ.

† Isaiah ALSO Correctly Prophesied JESUS' Mother's Virginal State, AND that JESUS is God as The Man - Amen † HERE in 742 BC :

† Isaiah 7 : 14 †

"Therefore the LORD himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

† Immanuel is another name that means THE MESSIAH - CHRIST.

† The Prophet Micah Prophesied JESUS' Birth town in 710 BC Here :-

† Micah 5 : 2 †

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting."

† THERE'S A LOT MORE LIKE THIS..

† Here's The Entire Essence Of The Lord Prophesied PERFECTLY in 12 simple Verses : (not copying and pasting these) BUT PLEASE DO READ, because this also IS The Closing PROOF you asked for :

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV

Guess you WILL be happy this is ALL in Bold Black & White ONLY.

† CONCLUSION : Only THE Supernatural God Could Orchestrate ALL THESE EVENTS, with such Divine Synchronicity over a thousand years AND MUCH LONGER...And PUT THEM IN WRITING IN ADVANCE SO THERE CAN BE NO ARGUMENTS....

† THIS IS WRITTEN EVIDENTIAL PROOF POSITIVE OF THE GREATEST EVENTS IN THE HISTORY OF MAN...

† QED & AMEN †

<tos violating image snipped>

You are using the bible to prove the bible and god??? Really? That's like using Harry potter to prove harry potter and all that. You are really gonna have to do better than that since I have already read the bible and I am familiar with all of its "prophesy" claims. Sorry, you haven't convinced me that god is real or that Jesus is real or that the bible is anything but a bunch of nonsense that people who didn't know any better wrote about to explain things they didn't understand or to convince people of things they wanted them to do.

1. sen.sush23 profile image60
                    sen.sush23posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't be surprised. That's the way of justifying most religions...big_smile big_smile

But you are not a bible expert.

You merely copy and paste verses and repeat what your church minister told you they meant parrot style.

You refuse to listen to any alternative views.

You put you trust in English translations because you think that in them you have eternal life.

WRONG -  VERY WRONG INDEED - THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK !!!

1. twosheds1 profile image62

I reported your post for posting pictures of violence.

THAT WAS NICE OF YOU - THE CRUCIFIXION IS A SPIRITUAL AND HISTORICAL FACT CENTRAL TO THIS FORUM THEME - AMEN

2. artblack01 profile image60

Proof is required for all claims, the proof required is that the bible has any validity to the existence of any of it's supernatural claims, stating that someone is wrong doesnt prove they are wrong either, it just makes you look like a zealot who will believe no matter what.

It's POINTLESS giving you The Truth Art...

You MINDLESSLY ARGUE for the sake of it...

You are TOO STUBBORN to admit error...

We are talking History & Prophecy interactively PROVING GOD...

It's ALL IN WRITING above...

You have NO MORE arguments left...READ ... (if you can)..

EXAMPLE - ANALOGY :

i throw a HUGE BRICK though your window.

You come home and find The Brick and The Broken Glass.

You then read about it the NEWSPAPER - small report.

You write to the newspaper AND DENY THE WRITTEN REPORT...

This is who you are MATE.....

A serial DENIER OF FACTUAL TRUTH..

The Brick is JESUS - The True Church and The REAL NOAH'S ARK FOUND...

The newspaper report IS Holy Scripture....THEY MATCH - Amen...

Go Figure .. SPOT NOAH'S ARK - Good bye ...

Genesis 1 : 25 - 27

"And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6710430_f248.jpg

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nope.  Although my personality is a bit too emotional to have a purely scientific slant I like the fact that people who have completely logical perspectives exist.  I like things like new medicines and technologies.  In my opinion those who tend towards religion are simply too emotionally charged to have the patience and detachment needed for pure science.  They also don't have the ethical crisis that occur when a scientific discovery runs counter to their religious beliefs... and it will happen.

I will now pause while the religionists run to wiki looking for sporadic examples of religious scientists and their contributions.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You might get more response if you post this in the correct forum.

Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh no. It's in the right place.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59

Only if you take disagreement with your chosen philosophy as hate or bias.  Some people just see it as people having a different opinion.  As nobody is born a religionist then you have to accept that your opinions are subject to disagreement.  Its nothing personal.

2. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Want to make a bet on that? lol

1. profile image58
            geordmcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why do you want to make this personal?

Yeah Cags... Wait... What?

Yep telling someone a thread is in the wrong place is definitely personal... er... yeah.

2. Cagsil profile image70

I'm not making it personal. That would be your own thoughts on this thread and not mine. So, please do try to refrain from interpreting my posts. Just read them.

So what exactly do you want to make a bet on and why?

2. profile image0
        Longhunterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Given that hating Christians has become a new liberal pastime, I'd say it's in the right place.

1. Cagsil profile image70

Hating Christians? As per usual, Christians love to suffer under their own delusion of the "persecution complex". roll

1. profile image0

No one's persecuting me, Cag, least of all, anyone on HPs. lol

That's good. I'm glad LongHunter. Now, if you could just see past yourself long enough, then you would probably see that it's not "hate". But, good luck. You'll need it. Many of your posts lack awareness, which concludes you cannot see past yourself. Hence, this post pointing it out.

And, if you're like them(the most common Christian), then you'll attempt to turn this post on me, but what you will fail to realize is that any further post in response will show something else about you which you're not likely to realize either. lol

1. profile image0

When all else fails, lets start the personal attacks.

You don't have anything else, do you, Cag?

Your last sentence appears to be a threat.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

roll  Yep I spend hours in self-loathing.  If only I could give up being a liberal or a Christian I wouldn't have all this conflict.  Flogging myself with a wet rope has gotten old.

Do you need help? tongue

Oh... Kinky. wink

2. profile image0

Might I suggest a different, less painful hobby? Knitting perhaps. Ceramics maybe. lol

I read a lot between floggings.  I cook for fun too... that has the extra benefit of always having coarse salt around to rub in the wounds while I am thinking about how much the Christian side of me hates that I am pro choice or how the liberal side of me hates that I go to church.

1. profile image0

It didn't take long for the pro-choice thing to come up but you might want to pick that fight with someone else. I don't agree with abortion, MB, but, unless it's mine, I don't believe I have a say in the matter. The rest I'll let the courts sort out.

Yes, I've pissed off more than a few of my Christian friends with that stance.

It was a random example...  I could have said for gay rights... for contraception... against school prayer etc.

"Liberal"? Pass time?  That makes no sense.

4. twosheds1 profile image62

Love the Christian, hate the Christianity! big_smile

4. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Probably - without all these pesky people who refuse to believe in majik - you christians could get on with your war with the muslims and get it over and done with. wink

5. profile image0
      SirDentposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To answer the question asked as the title of this thread, NO!

Hi brother...Got to disagree with you on this one...

IF atheists WERE to See The Light, and Convert and Be Saved..the world would have a LOT more Christian souls, who would THEN  be experts on how to defeat antichrist false arguments.

This would DEFINITELY be a VERY Good Thing....and, more souls for Heaven and The Millennium First - Amen

So the Lost world WOULD be a BETTER PLACE....

However, As God Wills !!!

In JESUS' Holy Name - Amen & Amen

1 Peter 4 : 17

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6702733_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

You would still have lost even if all atheists were done away with.

True...yet this Word below CAN Apply to ALL who have NOT Heard The Full Gospel yet :-

Acts 10 : 34 - 35

"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him."

AMEN

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6702844_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

I agree, but it isn't just about atheists, it is about all non believers in Christ.  It would be much easier to read your posts if you got rid of the color.

i LOVE Colour - makes everything so much more REAL - there's a Code in the colour choices if you look closely....

Thanks....

Maranatha...

Acts 28 : 25 - 31

And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers, Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive: For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6703136_f248.jpg

You are just so obsessed with your fantasy you create these codes to make them feel more meaningful. Very sad.

If your myths were only true, however history disagrees with you, when religion ruled the world it was called the dark ages.

6. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There's few enough atheists as it is. We're already scarce, make us any rarer and you'll have a better chance finding a Unicorn.

I do love the Christian persecution complex though, as if unbelievers weren't hunted down and MURDERED for centuries or forced to convert by the swords of conquering Christian soldiers. What's the worst that we're doing to Christians, some atheists are insulting them on teh internets, OH NO, what's the world coming too roll

7. Eugene Hardy profile image61
      Eugene Hardyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I noticed the forum, hanging out on my Hub account like a sore eye.  But I never commented on it, because I find that particular discussion to be unenlightening.

So, why I'm here?

First, to answer your question - no.

Since Goddess created all things and all possibilities, we need atheists to do the messy job of non-belief.  Atheists are people unable to perceive God, that is their role in existence.

What I do not understand is why there should be an argument in the first place.

What?  Our isn't big enough for multiple levels of perception concerning our existence?

1. Capoeira Moves profile image56
        Capoeira Movesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No no, the better question is, why does atheist suddenly mean anti-Christ. It's ridiculous.

8. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think these threads highlight that is has nothing to do with whether someone is religious or atheist. It is more about perception and how people choose to see the world. When you continue to place labels on people, you're going to see the world in a different way than it really is. Realty is, after all, our own perception. As long as you see your world as christian/atheist, you will see what you see.

9. Chris Neal profile image78
      Chris Nealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, because the world isn't fair. Life isn't fair. Jesus said that we would have trouble in this world.

Remember that Jesus didn't preach that the Romans, or even the Sanhedrin needed to be fair.

And remember that the reason that Christianity changed the world wasn't at the point of the sword or by getting the powers that be to be fair. It was by being loving and kind and gentle, just like Jesus.

Yeah, the crusades were very peaceful....  Salem witch trials... Manifest Destiny, Spanish Inquisition, the Dark Ages.....  very peaceful times.

Remember, Jesus is a myth.

1. Chris Neal profile image78

A) Your history doesn't go back nearly far enough.

B) No, He isn't.

A. It goes further back than your history and.
            B. prove otherwise.

If your history goes back farther than mine then why did you only quote the Crusades and the Inquisition? Christianity changed the world in the second century with love and bravery, not with a sword. Your quoted history doesn't go back far enough.

"Christianity changed the world in the second century with love and bravery, not with a sword. Your quoted history doesn't go back far enough." 
                That is a joke, because that is not the case at all, all the way back to Roman times when Christianity became huge love and bravery had nothing to do with it.  In the beginning of Christianity it was small enough to be considered a cult, and cults can grow to become more acceptable into mainstream society (like Scientology), how popular or how fast a religion grows doesn't make it any more valid.
                State persecution ceased in the 4th century, when Constantine I issued an edict of toleration in 313. On 27 February 380, Emperor Theodosius I enacted a law establishing Christianity as the official religion of the Roman Empire. 
                The most you have as far as arguing for the love and bravery is the first 300 years, once it became mainstream and imposed by government and one whose leader was himself Christian, the bloodshed propagated from the Christian side begins...  arguably.  The Bible itself, if it is to be taken seriously as a historic document has much bloodshed throughout, before the New Testament, after that, it portrays the people as being "sheepish" in more ways than one.  But once Revelations hits, which you can argue has or hasn't passed but hasn't ever actually taken place or will ever, the blood shed continues. Not to mention that the first 400 years, if you the early Christians were truly following the Bible, Old or New, I doubt they even had one, since the Bible was taken from the Torah and the Oral traditions and manuscripts of questionable origins to create the first Bible.
                What the followers of this religion did at that time is not fully shown just what was done to them, but considering the nature of the Government at that time and the fact that Christianity was not the only religion that was not the state religion, I don't see any evidence or written history that would suggest your conclusions are anything but speculation and wishful thinking on the part of a faithful true believer.

No, it's not!

Not only do I agree with you 200% but I've said the same thing myself many times. Lots of people have wanted to claim the validity of Christianity based on how fast it grew, and I've said time and again, no, that's not a good measuring stick.

"Arguably" would be an excellent word. Either you are too cynical (thinking that Christianity caused bloodshed) or not cynical enough (thinking that only Christians engaged in bloodshed.)

BTW, don't discount the first 300 years. They are more inportant than you're giving them credit for.

You're point? You think that's never acknowledged by Christians? If you do, then you have been talking to the wrong Christians.

Again, your point? You accuse Christians of being like sheep...

THAT would be arguing from ignorance. The fact is that the Bible, both NT and OT, has more copies and pieces of it than any other ancient document. We can and do have a better idea of what the original writers meant than with any other ancient document.

Which conclusion exactly are we talking about?

""Arguably" would be an excellent word. Either you are too cynical (thinking that Christianity caused bloodshed) or not cynical enough (thinking that only Christians engaged in bloodshed.)"
                    How about neither.  I am saying man caused bloodshed using the Bible as an excuse since there are many places in the Bible that justify it, but as well many places in the Bible that condemn it....  as well as other excuses in other religions.
                    The rational critical thinking atheists knows there is little to no rational for discriminating or violating anyone based on race, nationality, belief, gender, preference or mentality if that person is not himself violating anyone else.
                    "BTW, don't discount the first 300 years. They are more inportant than you're giving them credit for."
                    I don't discount anything.  However I see many Christians unrealistically defending their religion saying it preaches only love and all I can ay is BULL@#$%!
                    Talking to the wrong Christians???  You mean like yourself, or Elijah, or my entire family, or every priest, preacher, minister, religious leader that I have ever spoken with or the Bible? for which it contains in the first several pages all sorts of acts of violence and hate? 
                    "Again, your point? You accuse Christians of being like sheep..."
                    ME???  Really?  I don't. I never said that I said the BIBLE PORTRAYS Christians as being sheepish in the NEW TESTAMENT.  I never accused you of being sheepish or all Christians as being sheepish...  where you came up with this must be from prior conversations with someone else.

"The fact is that the Bible, both NT and OT, has more copies and pieces of it than any other ancient document." 
                    And tell me are all these copies exact and word for word and interpreted the same in each version?
                    Should I give you a list of errors? from each that make each different?  The Bible is a book being used as a tool to control the masses as in reference "Religion is the opiate of the people"...  is Christianity the oldest religion still in existence or the only religion in existence  and are all these other religions based on Abraham?  The answer to that is all NO.

"Which conclusion exactly are we talking about?"  You name it.

10. Elijah7 profile image58

YES

Luke 10 : 27

"And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself."

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6697588_f248.jpg

Preachy preachy and no one but other believers to care.

And that concept WILL be your eventual personal DOWNFALL, unless you REPENT - Amen

Revelation 22 : 14 - 16

"Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star."

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6697974_f248.jpg

1. twosheds1 profile image62

He used colors, so it MUST be true!!!

Sorry Elijah, I am not into fantasies role playing games, especially ones that have gone on for 3000 years.

2. Chris Neal profile image78

If that were true then only believers would be on these forums.

Not true, when the believers confront the nonbelievers don't expect that the nonbelievers are just gonna role over and play dead.

If only believers cared, the nonbelievers wouldn't be in these forums.

Trying to twist my words I see.  I am here to stand and be counted, do you understand what I mean?  If everyone of one belief speaks up and no one from the opposite belief spoke up then everyone would think that everyone believes the first belief and no one believes the second.  Helping to perpetuate (among the sheep) more of those that believe in the first belief without question....  my goal is to at least get people to question their own beliefs whether or not they change their mind is really of no concern to me.

I have as little interest in twisting your words as I do in having mine twisted.

Passion is a good thing.

11. Bill Akleh profile image61
      Bill Aklehposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The world would be a better place if more people studies philosophy and therefore had a clear thought process on these issues.

I studied philosophy. I personally don't care for the philosophical masterbations of arguing from ignorance as to the nature of existence and our personal perceptions of reality.

1. Bill Akleh profile image61

So people should argue and discuss things aimlessly without having sophistication? The main problem we have nowadays is too many people have to many opinions about topics of which they have never thought seriously about with the fundamentals of logic. You have people deciding on wars that have never thought of the fundamentals of ethics and many similar circumstances.

I you think none of those people have studied philosophy????  WOW!

1. Bill Akleh profile image61

Has Obama studied philosophy at a high level? Or Bush? Or Clinton? Or Harper, Chretien and Paul Martin?

1. EinderDarkwolf profile image60
                EinderDarkwolfposted 11 years agoin reply to this

For future reference, presidents only have power to send troops into battle for the first 90 days in office. Declaration of War and other such things must be approved by congress. That's why Romney said one of his first acts as president would be to send our armed forces to help Israel. It's the only time he'd ever be able to do so.

As for whether or not these people studied philosophy...well honestly every religious person thinks they know what philosophy is. Nevermind that they are two completely different things, mainly on the point that philosophy yields no answers, only more questions, which was it's entire point.

Don't know don't care and totally irrelevant.

12. sen.sush23 profile image60
      sen.sush23posted 11 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary!

On the contrary????  ...... Usually when someone says that they state the contrary and why it is contrary.

13. Rhonda D Johnson profile image60
      Rhonda D Johnsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do unto others as they have done unto you.  What an absolutely Christlike attitude.  Keep talking.

lol lol

2. asheleyfriend profile image61
    asheleyfriendposted 11 years ago

Wow! I think all religion is the problem. Its man's way of controlling each other through superstition and fear. Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, etc. You name it, its caused a war of some kind. Right now our entire world in on edge because of religious terrorism. Honestly, I don't see our world functioning much longer because of superstition, stupidity, and the off chance that you might offend someone. God forbid you say Merry Christmas and someone of another religion heard you. What happened to fredom of speach? I mean its not like we're throwing around racial slurrs or harrassing someone because of their sexual orientation. Why is it that it is socially acceptable to be anything but a Christian?

3. profile image58
    geordmcposted 11 years ago

I agree with Asheley. Organized religion has caused more blood to be spilled than any other reason. From the Pharaohs of Egypt to todays religious fanatics it seems that "God" relishes blood.

4. asheleyfriend profile image61

That is why I refuse to call myself a "christian". So many people have been killed in the name of "Christianity" that I don't know why anyone would want to associate themselves with that term. Its been perverted by hypocarcy and man's view of what they believe a "Christian" should be. The word Christian means to be "Christ-like" and I don't see anyone being "Christ-like" unless someone is watching.

5. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 11 years ago

I started to post the same type forum you have here in response to the other forum but, if you look closer the question is "Would the world be a better place if there were fewer Christians? But more Buddhists?"

At first look, it appears to be an attack on Christians as is, for some childish reason, the "in" thing to do now days. But I quickly realized that forum wasn't necessarily an attack but rather the hubber's advocating Buddhism instead of Christianity. Unfortunately, the forum has degenerated into a Christian hate fest.

The way I look at it? Given what Christ did for Christians by dying on the cross, I can easily endure the childish whims of non-believers on a forum.

I'm a Christian and I believe person's religion or lack thereof is a very personal thing. Those that believe should not beat non-believers over the head to try to get them to convert anymore than a non-believer should put down a believer's beliefs.

It may sound overly simplified but "you do your thing and I'll do mine." I'll be happy and hopefully you will be as well.

I completely admire your stance on this issue longhorn. I hate the generalizing about my belief or lack there of. Also these other political labels are silly in connection as well. I don't hate Christians myself. I don't think any of us do. But we are willing to stand up against people and point out what we think is wrong with them if pushed. My entire family is Christian so to call me a Christian hater would be to miss the mark entirely.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said.  All the difficulties in these forums arise because a believer makes statements along the lines of, "my religion's view is right and everybody else in the whole world is wrong".

NO ONE has the right to make that statement.  Anyone who does make such a statement can't complain if others stand up for their right to disagree.

6. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

Sigh . Atheism, it's the best marketing tool religion ever invented. Well, there is 3D glasses, but that is too long an explanation. {chuckle-chuckle}

And religion is the best marketing tool that atheists ever had.  In many cases the actions of those within my religion would make me turn atheist out of shame if I wasn't so sure of my faith... even then it's a close thing.  I really don't like having to admit I am part of the same group that pickets funerals and bombs abortion clinics.

1. jacharless profile image74
        jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bleapin A Right, Melissa. Touche.

"sure of your faith"
        Interesting choice of words since you could be sure of anything. Does being sure of something make that something true?

See questions like that annoy the crap out of me- especially when I haven't had my coffee yet.  Such questions are couched with a vague air of intellectual superiority that... in this case... is both presumptuous and ridiculously misplaced.  It assumes that not only do you understand the workings of my faith but also that I do not know the difference between my personal philosophy and universal truth.  It's kinda insulting.

But I'll answer you anyway.  No -of course no- my surety does not make something true.

I am sorry you feel that way, I can assure you that I don't feel any sense of intellectual superiority to anyone else, in fact if I did I probably wouldn't bother to comment.  If I feel someone is very intelligent I am more likely to question them than I would someone I find or feel is less intelligent than myself.
            As far as your faith goes, I was raised a Christian, I was of faith until 20ish years ago.
            I am not presuming anything I can assure you and I mean no disrespect to yourself or anyone I confront...  if I did you'd know it and it wouldn't be nice.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

As opposed to self righteous esotericism claiming a fuller understanding of the Nonsense? That is what religion is. wink

1. profile image0

roll

And to think they questioned what forum I posted in! Hee,hee!

ROFLMAO...

And tell me exactly how someone would have to state a different opinion than yours for it NOT to be hate or bias.

Or is everyone supposed to agree with you automatically?

2. profile image0

Yep! Let the hate begin!

Mention Christ or anything else Christian and they come out of the woodwork like cockroaches.

The other forum went to three pages. Perhaps yours will do the same. I think I'll just sit back and watch. Let them get all worked up with their blood pressure shooting out their ears. lol lol lol

Or conversely we could be sitting back laughing at you... never can tell what's behind another computer monitor.

I personally find it funny as hell for people to walk around thinking they are important enough for someone they have never met to hate them.  Paranoid people  are fun to play with...

1. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol roll

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80

Threads that start out negative will invariable remain so.

1. profile image0

Is there anything other than a negative forum about Christians? It's the HP way.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

And as we know, two wrongs always make a right...

1. profile image0

Now we're talkin'! Something we're both guilty of!

2. Capoeira Moves profile image56
                Capoeira Movesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow condemning a thread before it starts is quite awfully judgmental for positivity.

2. jacharless profile image74

Speak of the "devil", here is the poster child of that marketing firm. {chuckle-chuckle}.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58

Oops - your religion is showing Jimmy boy. {titter titter, I know better than you titter}

Oh - that is right - like all the other religionists - you say you don't have one. lol lol

1. asheleyfriend profile image61
            asheleyfriendposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know ... those how say they don't have one tend to have a pretty good grip on things. They tend to see things the way they are. But at the same time we're all hypocrites! big_smile big_smile big_smile

7. profile image58

Look at the wars through history. From the crusades to todays terrorist attacks most are because of religious zealots trying to prove their version of "God" is better than yours.

8. profile image58

It seems that people are going off topic, so here is an answer. The world would probably be a better place if there were more atheists. Especially in political office.

1. Josak profile image61

I agree with the above but I would like to add as an atheist that if Christians actually followed the example of Christ and did not attempt to force their beliefs on others they would be great, unfortunately most do not, my respect goes to those who do.

1. profile image0

Perhaps if atheists didn't judge all Christians by the ones they've encountered negatively, they'd realize not all of us Christians are 'Bible Thumpers."

It's a two way street, Josak.

1. Josak profile image61

I just judge groups by what makes up their majority. Unfortunately the majority are not the kind of Christian I described.

If an atheist judges a Christian the christians have no one to blame but themselves. Majority of people that judge Christians usually have the right. The self-righteous hypocrisy is enough to drive people away and why shouldn't it? You walk into a church and everyone there turns their noses up at you just because they'd rather not associate with any one who just happens to walk. I don't know how many times I have walked into a church just to turn around and walk out. Majority of people who go to church are rude, self-righteous, and down right hypocritical! I don't know how many times I've had a genuinely nice person stop talking to me because they were afraid I would judge them when I said I believed in God. Some of the nicest people I've ever met have been atheists, agnostics, witches, and the list goes on. Not like Christians though. NO! They're self importance makes me want to punch them. No I find those who don't clame to be Christians are really the most christ-like people in the world. They're the ones that would rather selflessly do something for someone with out expecting any thing in return and the even greater thing is they're usually the people that give the bum on the side of the street the last dollar in their pocket whether someone is looking or not. If more Christians were actually christian and more people actually tried to look at others without persecution more people would believe in God. I find it pretty easy to see why others don't want anything to do with Christians.

Or God. I would be mortified by people's actions and I'm pretty sure God is.

I judge people by what they do and say no matter what belief they hold. Otherwise I question their belief and the validity of it. And any debate makes anyone sound like they are judging the whole but the fact is when someone brings up how great a group or groups perspective is you can always point out the bad parts of their history that show otherwise.

Yes but if you walked into a church and everyone prejudged you by the way you were dressed just because you were new and they turned their noses up at you and didn't speak a word of kindness wouldn't you turn around and walk out? I know I would and I have.

Of course, that is exactly what I am saying!

2. profile image58
        geordmcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What is surprising is most atheists actually follow the example of Christ than do so-called Christians in the way they treat others. Atheists seem more willing to help out in tight situations. Whereas I have personally seen a "Christian" walk away from people, who are desperately trying to feed their children or find shelter for their families, with their noses in the air, thinking they are better than those looking for help.

Ah! So true! You wouldn't have anyone pushing they're religious hypocritic view and damning you to hell if you didn't conforn. Your view of God is not mine and therefore you must die never mind the part about not killing people we only use that when it suits us. smile

9. Sterling Sage profile image60
    Sterling Sageposted 11 years ago

No, the world would be a WORSE place with fewer atheists. We tend to be caring people who think about the likely consequences of our actions before we act. Just like any other group of people, we have internal diversity, though.

10. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

I believe that the ultimate will be a meeting of the minds.

11. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 11 years ago

Oh look... the thread got moved. Would a raspberry and a nee ner nee ner be inappropriate here?  tongue

Naw. lol lol It was the right thing to do. lol

*right thing to do*- move thread to appropriate category. Proof positive it was in the wrong category to begin with, making the OP(opening post) and Poster wrong.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Depends on whose opinions you want to flood this forum with.

2. Barefootfae profile image59

Well the HP folks don't want to think of it as hate speech.

Wow... I sincerely pray you never know what true hate speech is.  You might learn something but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

All i have to do is watch MSNBC. Plenty of it right there.

12. Barefootfae profile image59

Just to let everyone know I am a big fan of the joker in The Dark Knight. Like him I tried a little social experiment and it didn't disappoint. The progressives showed their atheism. Along with why I called it hate speech. Muffled a bit but hate speech.

Melissa dear there is coming a day when those liberal progressives are gonna look you in the eye and say choose. That's what happened to me and I made the right choice.

Why would they do that?  I realize that a lot of people confuse religion and politics but I don't... nor do I feel my religion should influence my political stance.  I'm not sure why others feel it should.  I can go on happily being both as they are mutually exclusive.

Trust me....whether you think I deserve it or not. It happened to me.
        People I have known for thirty years told me it was one way or the highway.

Sorry but that sounds like you have made up your mind about an entire group of people based on your personal experiences.  There is a word for that and it's very very close to prejudice... which is the first step towards hate and bias.

We don't or aren't supposed to learn from our personal experiences? Really? Sounds to me like you think those who don't believe in God are more reasonable than those who do. Which is it? Sounds like they will win the battle.

As long as you realize that your experiences aren't universal then yes by all means learn from them.  Judging a group... in this case liberals... by your experiences only though is prejudicial.  Sorry but that's kinda what the word means.  And I believe that those who are emotional have a tendency to lean towards religion and those who are logical lean towards atheism.  That's not a bad thing just two different ways of thinking.  Those that are emotional tend to lean towards creativity while logicals tend to lean towards math too... once again not a bad thing just necessary for a functioning society.

Is that not what happens to Christians? is there not a prejudice?

Sometimes but not always.  Christians have done some pretty destructive things in God's name.  There is a certain degree of accountability in that.  Reminding the group of those things is probably a good thing as those who don't remember the past are doomed to repeat it.  I personally have experienced more prejudice from the Christian community on these boards than from atheists.

On one level I can't really argue with you there. The whole crusades thing gets old when you take into account most of those folks were just looters of the East plain and simple and using Christianity as a shield suited them just fine. Just a sit suits our friends here fine to bludgeon us with it.
                    You speak of emotion and that is what they are playing on when you get worried about it.

Also it's because there is no room for it in their new world. Listen to them here . That's what you hear.

No the most prevalent thing I hear is they hate having the rules of someone else's faith pushed on them... which I completely sympathize with.  Religion should have nothing to do with politics or law making.  The second most prevalent thing I hear from them is that religion is not logical.  That is also true.  I'm not seeing where you think the hate speech is...

Religion has always had to do with politics and lawmaking world wide.
            What do you think of those who say that Christians should lose their right to vote? Yes there are those who say that.

I think they are just as irrational as those who think that the bible should be used to make laws.  I've never seen that statement on these forums though.

You  know I haven't seen it specifically on HP either. You are right. It is out there however. There are much more hateful atheists than the folks here and I do apologize to them if they think I used them. I just felt an opposing forum was only right.

Yet they want to push their atheistic ideals on me and mine. Like I said I have heard talk of making it so Christians have not the right to vote.

No not really.  I'm sure some do but in general you are stating your opinion and they are stating theirs.  You say God is unquestioningly real and they say he isn't.  I'm still not seeing hate speech.  By the way saying Christians shouldn't vote is also not hate speech.  Its an opinion.  A stupid one but an opinion nonetheless.

Also rather dangerous and sad if they were to get their way. More likely now than a generation ago.

They wish to marginalize me and others.....including you....for our beliefs alone. That isn't a prejudice?

Like I said I've never directly experienced that.  I've had a few that have assumed my viewpoints from me stating that I was Christian but then I discussed it with them and they were actually quite respectful.  So I guess you are sort of right in that there was a knee-jerk reaction... however most of the things they have problems with don't really apply to me.  If they are right about a stereotype though then they argue because that stereotype is what makes them object to Christianity.  I don't know if that made sense or not... 

An example:  Many gay rights advocates have issues with Christians because so many groups are anti-gay in Christ's name.  I am for gay rights so no problem exists with that group.  However if I were to be anti-gay then the problem would exist... not because of my religion but because of the political issue that my religion would cause.  If I gave my reasons as specifically being biblical then there is no choice but to attack those beliefs on a religious level as I would be using religion to support my view.  Does that make sense?

Yes....I suppose it does.

2. Josak profile image61

And the people who say that are just as stupid as the people who think it's OK to tell my friends and family they cannot marry if they are gay or cannot research stem cell medical options that save lives because of their own religious beliefs. Religion is a personal belief and choice and as I have stated earlier in this thread and elsewhere I have no problem with religious people unless they force their faith into my life and deny other people rights and liberties, that is the distinction between belief and oppression.

Speaking from the calmer side of the pond, I had to Google liberal progressive to find out what one actually is. What's liberal progressivism got to do with religion anyway? From what I read, it's about reallocating weath via the tax system, and government legislating on how business is conducted. Whooppie Doo!

Why does the Christian Right (who believe that God is a Tea Party voter) think that the Left want to put them in a concentration camp?

13. Johnathan L Groom profile image36
    Johnathan L Groomposted 11 years ago

the "world" is ruled by religion in some countries...
    the "world" being the U.S., however,...
    diversity-  the "world" has a spectrum of it...

14. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

The world would indeed be a better place with fewer atheists....and Christians, and Muslims, and Jews, and Hindus, and Buddhists, and Zoroastrians, just fewer humans period.

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think an ape named Caesar expressed similar sentiments.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't laugh man, it could happen.  My chimp's been givin' me some funny looks this week.

15. asheleyfriend profile image61

For those that think religion and politics are on different sepctrums you are so wrong. 90% of the time religion and politics go hand in hand. They feed off of the other like peresites. Pushing both political and religious agenda has been the mark most politicians have left on the world. You see it everywhere. I murder you in the name of God and politics and you better get over it and accept it. You didn't conform when given the chance better to die with dignity than to fight and most people continue to fight dragging out the war of religion and politics. So yes this world would definitely be a lot better. Its usually atheists that work selflessly to better the world while the people that should be doing it are the ones that are picking up guns against each other. Religion just turns people into blood thirsty barbarians.

That's because religion is a tool used by politicians throughout history to control the people. If there were no religions and people thought critically we would all be free.

yep.

16. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Heavens to Betsy!  Here we go again.  Folks, the world population currently consists of those who worship God, worship gods, don't believe in G/gods, aren't quite sure about the origins of the Universe, are convinced they are the only ones who know the ACTUAL origin of the Universe, who believe that there is more than one universe, who believe that Earth is the only planet that sustains intelligent life, who believe that there is life on other planets - and they're FAR more intelligent than we are - Then there are those who think homosexuality is okay, and that it's part of how we're made, those who think it's a choice, and unreservedly believe it's the wrong one.  There are those who think two men, two women, or two goldfish should be able to marry, and those who think marriage is only between one man and one woman - those same people believe it's okay to divorce and remarry as many times as you wish with no spiritual consequence.  Those who believe abortion is okay, those who believe it's murder, those who believe it's murder but that it should NOT be made illegal.

Do you get it?  Eventually it stops being a harmless, hypothetical question and truly becomes nothing less than hate mongering - on all sides!

There are lots of different people in the world.  If we're all about wondering if we'd be better off with less of some and more of the other, eventually someone will start (or continue) taking action and we'll wind up with a planet devoid of human presence.

FFS, people, leave everyone alone and let them believe - or NOT - the way they choose.

1. Eugene Hardy profile image61

Excellent response.

While it is an excellent response this not about getting people to believe or not believe. We're just expressing our oppinions.

"leave everyone alone and let them believe - or NOT - the way they choose."
      I would do that but if you don't stand up and voice your views and why then you give room to the opposite view being true and people enforcing their rules on those that don't support such rules...  so what do you do?  You first voice your opinion, you make a case for your opinion. Why do you believe your opinion is right? 
      If people who were against others beliefs weren't so outspoken about it I probably wouldn't be doing what I am doing.  Think about this.  If you are Black and people are of the majority opinion that blacks should be slaves, but you know it's wrong and you do nothing because it's just your opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion....  you basically said slavery is okay by not saying anything.
      I am saying that I believe based on evidence and critical thinking, and people who don't at least base their beliefs on critical thinking and evidence are dangerous.

Oh. Good analagy! Its true. If you have an oppion about something and do nothing about then reguardless of whether you believe something is wrong or not you are condoning those actions. That means if you didn't voice your oppinion about violence or murder there would be no laws in place protecting those victims.

Bingo!

17. qeyler profile image63
    qeylerposted 11 years ago

Atheism is the easiest thing to understand.  You look round this world and see the worst people prosper.  You see parents who did every thing for their kids dumped in homeless shelters and those who couldn't care less about their children honoured and supported until death.  You see liar and cruel people gain accolades and those who are good suffer.  So the idea that there is some kind of mind or control or entity beyond the three dimensions that we see who can do something about it tends to make the atheist believe that, "if there were a G-d, then these things wouldn't happen.  Hence they happen because there is no G-d"

There is no way around it.  There is no way you can prove or disprove.  The question is this;  if one is an atheist why does he/she feel the need to proselytise his or her non-belief?

You've kind of got it wrong, atheists aren't atheists because of the negative aspects of life on Earth for humanity. Take myself for example, I am an atheist because of the things we attribute to God not actually being of God.  If you tell me God caused something I would investigate the actual cause and I would find something other than God, so why would I believe that God was the cause?  Faith is the only answer to why someone would believe in God, but to the majority of atheists, we don't attribute the unknown cause of something to a supernatural force.

As per your question, most atheists are tired of hearing that God was the cause of something when we know that is false, so we feel we are being lied to constantly and forced to be subjected to laws written in the name of a God that we know does not exist.  So why would we not educate you as to the opposite...  however "proselytise" is not the proper word, since that refers to faith and religion. 
      proselytise - convert to another faith or religion. proselytize · convert - cause to adopt a new or different faith.
      We don't believe by faith we believe by evidence.  If something is not known to us we simply say it's not yet known, however, you assert that God did it.

18. profile image0
    Ryan-Morganposted 11 years ago

Atheists are the solution, not the problem. Think, if all the Atheists were religious, you'd have more Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc. which would only lead to more conflict.

Religion isn't united, whereas irreligion is.

Atheists are united?

And people of different religions are incapable of getting along with each other?

1. Josak profile image61

Atheists aren't united bu I have never seen golden rule atheists and humanitarian atheists killing each other over whose version of atheism is better.

No, atheists aren't killing on behalf of their lack of belief. But other non-religious ideologies are just as dangerous, as Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot make clear.

1. Josak profile image61

and Hitler and Mussolini and that's true but religious people can be part of non religious evil causes too, so while atheists do evil things in the name of a cause so do religious people, but atheists don't do evil things in the name of religion and religious people do.

That's true, but what difference does it make? Is religiously-motivated violence worse than non-religious ideologically-motivated violence? The problem seems to be violent ideology, not whether it comes from religion or somewhere else.

1. Josak profile image61

It just means that atheists have less reason/motivation to engage in those evil acts therefore less atheists does not equal better.

I don't know if that's true. Does that mean that someone who rejects communism is also less likely to commit violence? It seems it only takes one bad ideology to poison someone's views and provide justification for bad behavior.

The problem with "But other non-religious ideologies are just as dangerous, as Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot make clear." is that they aren't based on any sort of philosophy whether it be religious or irreligious...  you could argue that the so called irreligious movements are religious but the fact is these were totalitarian power grabs not conflicts of world views like say The Crusades, or Manifest Destiny.  I have yet to see an actual atheist do something in the name of a cause that was evil, especially one whose basis for belief was scholarly rather than an emotional bitterness to an experience.  Especially when you try and make the comparison with statistics, why would a religious populace follow an atheist cause?

Refer back to my examples of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao. All atheists, all did unspeakably evil things. Their motivation wasn't atheism - there is no atheist ideology, it just means lack of religious belief - but they were motivated by other ideologies that did not value human life. The Crusades and Manifest Destiny, by the way, were motivated by greed more than anything else; is that a religious value?

"but they were motivated by other ideologies that did not value human life."  Greed. Atheism was not a reason for their actions or an excuse to do what they did.

Religion is rarely a motivator, it is merely a justification for the actions of the greedy, religion is the opiate of the people.
                "is that a religious value?"  Depends on what part of the religion you are referring to.

Atheism is not an ideology or a belief system. Some atheists can be ideologues, but their ideology is not atheism.

"Atheism is not an ideology or a belief system."

a·the·ism
                       [ey-thee-iz-uhm] Show IPA
                    noun
                    the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

Some dictionaries and people will disagree with that.  Are we really gonna debate this?  Atheism doesn't have anything to do with any assertion other than the idea that God is fictional.  People who claim to be atheists are not doing harm because of this ideology.  However, the religious are motivated by ideologies that assert religious ways of life and how to deal with those that are not a part of that way of life.

2. Eugene Hardy profile image61

All atheists?

Isn't that, ah, a little broad?

There are, at least some atheists, that are humanists, that believe a human based philosophy as being more beneficial than any religion, more empowering.

Another problem I have with your statement is the character of your argument, that it encourages nonconstructive confrontation.

The statement is of the same character of some of those Christian fundamentalism arguments for the conversion of folks to their religion.

Yes, if you think I was talking about all atheists. I said that Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot, all 3 of them, were atheists.

1. Eugene Hardy profile image61

Actually, I wasn't talking about those tyrants, just everybody else that identifies themselves as atheists.

Especially of the humanist variety.

So, is the planet better off without atheists?

2. profile image0
                    Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't associate all Atheists with Stalin just like you can't associate all Christians with Hitler.

19. asheleyfriend profile image61

Even though I believe in God I HATE the perversion of religion. I HATE the double standards and I hate that we can't see past pointing our fingers at everyone else and saying that they're to blame. So as I said earlier the world would be better with less Christians and less religious people. Atheists don't see things the way religious people do. They see things as they are and as they should be.

20. Elderberry Arts profile image92
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

I don't believe in a god but I have nothing against anyone who does. Maybe it's simplistic but I believe the world would be a better place if we were just nicer to each other regardless of being part of different religions, races etc. These are just small parts of who someone is, it makes no sense to me to hate someone based on such.

1. christin53 profile image83
      christin53posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't normally get involved in religious debates but I have to agree with you. Why can't we all accept we have different beliefs and just be nice to each other.

In a perfect world...

Perfect world not required, but an Educated world would be nice.

Yeah good luck with that. This world is filled with needless superstition 90% of the time.

Yeah, like the foolish human created need to believe. lol

So what are YOU if not a foolish human?
                One eyed one horned flying purple people eater?

1. jacharless profile image74

lol That was clever.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
                    Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And original too!  roll

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

21. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

The problem with atheism is that eventually, you will logic yourseves right out of the 'true human feeling' gig. NDE's for instance (Near Death Experiences) are said to be caused by electro-chemical reactions in the brain occurring as the individual flatlines. Love is only electro-chemical reactions in the brain. So is compassion, sympathy/empathy. Eventually, atheism would make us less than human, justifying what most of you have come to think is 'reality' when all it really is, is a step towards barbarism and away from the path towards true civilization that we have tread since we have been mankind.

1. profile image0

That last bit is hilarious. Let's look at secular countries and compare them to non-secular countries and compare which one are more barbaric. How about the U.S. a few hundred years ago when slavery was justified by the bible or a few hundred years ago when Christian ran Europe. One could get beheaded for noticing that other planets had moons. Or perhaps Iran where an adulteress gets stoned to death. I think we are headed in the right direction. It wan't long ago when  delusions were thought to be the devils work. Now Schizophrenia is teated with medication. It is good to understand what and who we are.

Rad man lives up to his name!

2. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Non Secular: As in the former Soviet Union? How about N. Korea...Red China? How about Cambodia under Pol Pot? One also has to consider if christianity is actually following their leader. Hell, they still don't have a clue what he was talking about. I talk and talk and talk to to Raddy boy, and you don't seem to be able to cobble anything together beyond your preconceived notions of what I'm saying. Selective reading?

1. profile image0

Secular - meaning a separation of church and state like Canada and the U.S.A for example as compared to Iran and Saudi-Arabia. I read everything you post and I acknowledge that you seem to be honest as am I and that you complain about. Okay.

As far as atheism making us less than human, I don't believe so. Science is gonna explain to us what it means to be human without all the fantasy ideas about NDE and ghosts and "transcendent" states of emotion. You don't want to know what causes them, that is fine but it isn't taking away from the experience of human emotion. I know what they are and are not and that makes it no less special for me.

1. profile image0
            scottcgruberposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it already has. It has demonstrated that we are the products of a 3.8 billion year long process of descent with modification from the earliest proto-cells, and share a molecular kinship with every other living thing on the entire planet. We are made of elements that formed in the heart of a dying star and came together by gravity to form a habitable planet, an apparent rarity given our observations of exoplanets. We are the descendents of the fittest and best-adapted, our great-great ancestors surviving numerous population bottlenecks and mass extinctions. And then over the last five million years or so, a gradual series of mutations gave us the grasping ability, linguistic dexterity, and cognitive ability to be having this conversation and pondering the universe around us.

I can't think of anything more spiritual than that.

1. profile image0

There is nothing spiritual in your well articulated description of how we got here.

I agree. As much as folks hate the Creation there is this thing some of them have that says there are like these cosmic dice that roll and roll and when they hits sevens something changes for the positive.

That is science fiction I think and I love science fiction but I don't believe it's why we are here. No one has yet explained how we got something from nothing which of course we didn't but they don't have the ability to tell you where the original mass came from.

1. profile image0

Just because we don't have all the knowledge it doesn't God did it. It just means we don't know. I idea that God did it creates more questions. If God did where did he come from?

Well that's a good question. i would rather ponder the question than disregard it outright.
                    Matter existing before the big bang means one of two things:
                    A.There was something before the big bang or:
                    2. Someone or something put it there.

It's like walking into your kitchen and finding a plate of cookies....you know they didn't just happen. Someone made them.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

No, you just don't understand scientific equations and theories enough to recognize truth from fiction.  Do you understand the theory of anti-matter and how it can suddenly offset matter and vice verso?  Not too difficult to understand if you have an open mind, but then, most believers do not possess such faculties. Mainly because they have been taught their beliefs at a very early age.  What about you?  How old were you when you became a believer, and did you inherit your religion from your parents?

I was like twelve and no I was pretty much the spiritual person in the house and that was pretty insulting and possibly sexist.

And no you can't get something from nothing.

3. Josak profile image61

I can tell you, or at least I can tell you the leading theory on that at the moment. Matter can be created it happens all the time at a quantum level, most people are just not interested enough to read and stud the new physics breakthroughs. If you want the full description just say so, otherwise I won't bother because it takes like five minutes to type.

Don't waste your time.  One must have desire to be educated before a teacher is required.  There is plenty of information out there for those who honestly look for it.  Most believers do not seek reality in my experience.

4. artblack01 profile image60

You all should really watch curiosity with Stephen hawking on YouTube. It explains how something CAN come from nothing.

3. asheleyfriend profile image61

Slavery is not justified by the Bible. Those morons that didn't catch it while translating it forgot to change the face that The Bible says "let not any man be endebted to another man for her will surely be a slave to that man". You forget to change that but change everything else and when its too late to fix your mistakes you tell everyone that you cannot read the Bible but have it read to you. All needless superstition to push an agenda and keep the masses blind and living in fear of the people that were supposed to guide and protect.

1. profile image0

Slavery was justified by the bible to those who chose to do so. They may not have been right in doing so but that does not chance the fact that they used the bible to justify slavery. I can show you scripture all day that condones slavery and you can say that it's a bad translation but the does not change the fact that the bible was used to justify slavery.

1. Josak profile image61

The bible at several points and pretty clearly not only tolerates slavery but sets out how it should be conducted, saying it's a bad translation is a bit of a stretch.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.  (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear.  Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.  (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

1. profile image0

I agree, I have a whole hub on the subject. You are preaching to the choir.

1. Josak profile image61

Yeah I read it and enjoyed it, I was not preaching to you, or preaching at all but rather agreeing with your comment and adding some evidence.

No it was not bad translation. It was deliberate.

I'm saying most of the bible was changed to fit what man thouht God was, what women should be, and as a way of keeping people who were less than what they could have been in check. What better way to rule the masses than to make most of the people who believed slaves. There is no way any book as philisophical, theological, political, and so beautifully written went thousands of years without being changed to suit what man thinks it should be. The Vatican will now admit that they decided what books went into the Bible. That they deliberately took a book out of it because it was not only written by a woman but that it has intamate details that the other books did not have. Lets just say it was a religious woman's diary.

1. profile image0

I'd read that.

Marque de Sade wrote the most beautiful things about the most horrible things, I don't believe that part of the bible was changed, that was what it originally said. What is missing is the interesting part. All these different and contradictory ideas of what god is and wants and did.

Agree to disagree.

I'd rather not leave it up to opinion and speculation.

22. Barefootfae profile image59

What? Could turn out to be wrong? No way!

Listen I have a freind who had brain cancer. Told three times to go home and make his last affairs. He was prayed over the first time and it went into remission. It recurred. He was prayed over the second time. Remission again. He was prayed over the third time nearly ten years ago and has not had cancer since. Oh he isn't perfect. It did some damage to his vision. Other than that he is just fine.

Give me a theory for that.

1. Josak profile image61

Seriously this is your proof? I have seen two guy die more or less while or just after praying, was god taking a day off? because both of them were wonderful people, the answer is a stupid as the question.

Doctors are taught to give patients the worst likely outcome so that they will have plenty of time to complete their affairs, I don't know what treatment he was on or if he was on any but cancer is a fickle disease that can go into remission for a variety of reasons. I should not be dignifying this question with an answer.

Also no I am not saying you could be wrong, anyone could be wrong, I am saying there is no evidence that you are right and the odds very very good that you are wrong.

It really bothers me how religious people abuse intellectual honesty, scientists call things theories because they are open minded and willing to change things, religious people leap on the word like it proves something, it does not, religious people also have only theories the truth must be decided on the balance of evidence, religious views have no evidence scientific views do have evidence.

Arguing from ignorance, you don't know how or why your friend survived brain cancer so you attribute it to a miracle or god when the fact is you aren't capable of knowing so you use god as a way of comforting your ignorance. I don't know why your friend survived and no longer has brain cancer... I don't have a theory I am not a cancer expert.
      Personally I have heard all these survival / cure stories second hand. I think they are a product of being a really bad liar.

23. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Oh well, this thread has just jumped the shark...

1. Josak profile image61

Yeah it's like Godwins law 2 when the multi colored text arrives we know it's done tongue

24. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 11 years ago

lol All those colors remind me of what websites looked like in the late 90s.
    Only thing missing are falling sparkles and super-fast flashing banner ads...

I am glad graphic artists got their hands on the net or we'd still be there.

25. jenb0128 profile image90
    jenb0128posted 11 years ago

The world would be a better place if people could live and let live, not judge each other because of their beliefs or lack of beliefs, and not try to force their beliefs or lack of beliefs on other people.

26. cor3yjon3s profile image55
    cor3yjon3sposted 11 years ago

I are with that it's called faith for a reason who care if you don't beileve in god having faith in god or knowing there is something else out there is why some people wake up in the morning who wants to think this life is it with all these lovely people in it

27. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 11 years ago

Anyone besides me just skipping over this childish colored text junk from Elijah?  I never read it since I made the mistake of doing it the first time.  It does make me feel sorry for him/her/it though.  sad

1. Jane Bovary profile image85
      Jane Bovaryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're not alone.  If i wanted to listen to tales from the pulpit, I'd go to church.

It is obviously a very lonely needy person to think using bright colors will perhaps pull in a few visitors who haven't wasted their time before trying to make sense of its ramblings.  As I said, very sad.  sad

1. Jane Bovary profile image85
          Jane Bovaryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well I'll give him "A" for effort!

I give it a "D" for delusion!  Still sad!  sad

2. EinderDarkwolf profile image60

wait wait wait....the man who can't answer a question or explain something has come back? Is he preaching again? Bet he still doesn't have answers...Oh to answer your question, no I'm not reading his LSD trip posts wink

It's hung up on one of those fake "Noah's Ark" sites and actually believes a natural formation of rocks is the ark.  Seriously! yikes

I know, it's really kinda sad

2. Elijah7 profile image58

You KNOW what is "kindda sad" Randy & ED...

That you will BELIEVE anything BUT The Actual Truth.

FYI just posted a REAL PHOTO, from The Civil War, (AD 1870 approx) on The REAL Noah's Ark Hubsite.

THIS PHOTO, and the downloadable BLOW UP, shows American Civil War soldiers POSING with a DOWNED Actual PTERODACTYL !!!

Yup - THERE WERE ON BOARD THE REAL NOAH'S ARK ALSO.

evolution theory IS STONE COLD DEAD - This IS Official, In JESUS' Holy Name, By Whom ALL THINGS ARE CREATED - Amen †

Like i said before Randy - YOU'VE ALL BEEN HAD - By an Ancient LIAR of the first order !!!

Go hissssssssssss - IT likes that SOUND......

AND carry on living a life of utter delusion - IT ACTUALLY SUITS YOU !!!

Genesis 6 : 19

"And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female."

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6706518_f248.jpg

What's kinda sad is anyone taking something they find on the internet as 100% fact, and then proceeding to argue it. Especially since that's not the first time that picture has been posted. It comes from a TV show in which the central Characters ended up in a place full of dinosaurs. Grey scaling it, doesn't change it. Nice try on passing it off as something other then it is. I'll give you an N for needs more effort.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80

lol

Liars for Jesus!  lol

Just like your bible the picture depicts a fictional event during a historical period of time. Can you tell which part of the bible is historic and which part is fictional? From the picture you've  shown you can't. There is a sucker born every minute. Can you understand why no one can take you or anything you say seriously? I suppose not.

i DO apologise and will remove the hoax photo. My mistake. Sorry.

However, it is true that Pteros have been sighted and there are a number of reports of them in North America - The Thunderbird IS FAMOUS.

AND YES - THEY WERE ON THE ARK !!!

Personally - i DO NOT fake nor hoax things and i HATE lies.

I always tell the truth....

Don't get too excited though - THE HUB ON NOAH'S ARK IS THE REAL DEAL - AS IS THE ARK - AS IS JESUS - AS IS GOD - AS IS SCRIPTURE.

Can see how one fake Ptero photo makes you ALL jump for joy -

"SEEE Elijah a fake Ptero pic - YOUR BIBLE IS FALSE TOO - Goody - goody"

Ever heard of the "Pinhead - Jupiter Comparison" ???

You see, one thing you CAN'T FAKE is a True man's TRUE PERSONAL TESTIMONY....

ALL my other Comments remain AS ARE - Amen

Psalm 101 : 7

"He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight."

PS : SPOT A PRESERVED NOAH'S ARK RIB TIMBER HERE BELOW.

This is NOT A FAKED PHOTO - Amen

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6708521_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Interesting. Isn't that exactly what you were trying to do with the Theory of Evolution? Post an image of a modern-day pterosaur in order to prove all of evolution "stone cold dead?"

Of course, even if a living pterosaur were discovered today, it would not disprove evolution. It would join the coelacanth and nautilus as one of the world's living fossils. Paleontologists would have to rewrite the textbooks a bit, but evolution would be very much intact.

NOAH'S ARK FOUND scott IS THE OFFICIAL DEATH OF evolution theory.

The Ptero pic HAS YET TO BE PROVED TO BE A FAKE, in the light of THE REAL FAKE posted earlier....

Either way Ptero's still fly the skies of NOW, albeit FEW LEFT.....

Oh yeah..and when did the fish learn to breath UNDERWATER, before they sprouted legs and climbed out to become hamsters and elephants and giraffes??? (HUGE LAUGHTER)

Suggest you watch this You Tube Video - BEST WE'VE SEEN YET :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIm85YuplJ8

The fiery flying serpent was spotted in Wales last century...

They were certainly around in 750 BC HERE :

Isaiah 30 : 6

"The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them."

THE ACTUAL ROCK AT HOREB BELOW (MOUNT SINAI DISTRICT) SOME 70FT TALL - SPLIT WITH HUGE WATER EROSION CHANNELS FLOWING DOWN THE MOUNT - AMEN

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6711264_f248.jpg

Everything you've just said is a lie. You must really hate yourself.

2. Elijah7 profile image58

STOP PRESS - APPEARANCES CAN BE DECEPTIVE.

Below is the admitted HOAX PHOTO, agreed.

However - LOOK CLOSELY - This HOAX was Inspired by the OTHER PHOTO.

The guys is the photo below look NOTHING like the Civil War soldiers in the photo ABOVE...

To DATE The Other Photo HAS NOT BEEN DISCREDITED....except by atheists with a passionate agenda TO NOT be PROVED WRONG...

HOWEVER, if anyone can provide SOLID PROOF that the OTHER PTERO PHOTO above is a Hoax i will SIT CORRECTED....

ATHEISTS are an EXTREMELY DECEIVED group of people (i love you guys - don't worry - this is NOT the issue)

THE ISSUE is the lengths some HARD CORE atheists will go to try and "debunk" THE REAL TRUTH, because it doesn't fit their passionate world view of NO GOD, and the scorn and slander they level against Holy Scripture, God and Christians.

The REAL Noah's Ark being a "rock formation" CASE TO POINT...

THIS DEBUNKER'S LIE IS TOTALLY HILARIOUS...

ANYHOW - look closely....

HERE ARE THE BLOWS UPS TO COMPARE - Go Figure...

The soliders in the above photo SURE LOOK REAL TO ME....

http://www.Beyond-Eden.org/pterodactyl-RECENT.jpg

http://www.Beyond-Eden.org/LOOKS-REAL-C … -PHOTO.jpg

http://www.Beyond-Eden.org/DEFINITE-HOA … IL-WAR.jpg

Genesis 6 : 17 - 22

"And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them. Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he."

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6709151_f248.jpg

1. Disappearinghead profile image60

All these photos look fake. If these pterodactyls were real, why are they not in some natural history museum today? Why didn't these soldiers see an opportunity to make a fortune from the carcass?

This is silly Elijah. And so is putting the effort into colouring in.

As for the Noah's Ark rib timber photo, it sure looks like a rock to me. If you seriously want us to believe we are looking at the Ark, then at least post something that looks like wood or a big boat.

Deleted

A good indicator that this boat shape is fake? Background cliffs are made of the same rock and therefore have the same qualities and edges.

2. twosheds1 profile image62

So if the ark story is true, then your god flooded the Earth and killed millions of people, including young children, presumably, just to... what? Teach Noah's family a lesson? What sort of insane, vindictive psychopath would do such a thing? Even if gods were real, I would want no part of that god.

Oh, and were the estimated 3000 species of beetle on board the ark?

Hey let him go on posting these things, it just shows what kind of person he is.  This is what you get when a person believes all of the garbage on creationism sites.  Funny, but still sad!

Juxtaposition with the grid-work of metal detected iron throughout The Ark, horizontal lines appeared on the radar scans, at regular intervals, delineating Compartments, Bulkheads, and the entire internal structure of Noah's Ark.

These two confirmed scientific read-outs, were later verified by several independent groups - "Peer Reviews", revealing (for the scoffers) a MAN-MADE STRUCTURE.

The word "scoffers" is used because atheists and those with Ark seeking "personal glory" agendas, and other maligned Doubting Thomases have incredulously attempted to falsely debunk Noah's Ark as a ROCK FORMATION.

Did you just hear that LOUD BANG? Sorry, that was me falling off my computer chair as i nearly cracked a rib LAUGHING SO HARD ....

ROCK FORMATION !!! Derr Gee Olly...

If it looks like an Elephant. Has a long grey trunk and ivory tusks. Trumpets like an elephant. Smells like an elephant (whatever that smells like) and then charges at you..Guess What...

IT'S AN ELEPHANT...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6711416_f248.jpg

Isaiah 42 : 13

"The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies."

There is a sucker born every minute, and you are the biggest sucker

Actually, another good indication that this pterodactyl is probably fake?  Size of the animal.

Read back and you will find out this is merely a photoshopped picture used in an old movie.  Believers will lie about anything to try and prove their god is real.

2. profile image0

Right. Well, it wouldn't be a pterodactyl, anyhow. In common usage, people tend to use "pterodactyl" incorrectly for any mesozoic flying creature. The actual pterodactylus had a maximum wingspan of only about five feet. The animal in the photoshopped Civil War photo could be a pteranodon or quetzlcoatlus - they grew much larger.

You are correct, of course.  Not that this guy cares at all.  smile

3. twosheds1 profile image62

I reported his post where he used pictures of bloody Jesus, because he was posting pictures depicting gratuitous violence.

I believe bloody pictures of Jesus are accepted as routine here as in many places.  Since they aren't actually of real people it's sorta like having graphic comic book characters displayed on the forums.

It's message--it being the OP-- however, is much more distasteful than the depictions. 

28. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 11 years ago

I reckon all pictures should be banned from the forums. As soon as they start to appear, the quality of debate plummets.

It often just becomes a succession of slogans.

There are always desperate people who resort to such childish stunts like this one.  It's the adult version of kicking and screaming to get attention when everyone is ignoring their usual antics.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's a fair comment.

29. Randy Godwin profile image60

Delusion in color is still delusion.  Skipped again! 

30. Randy Godwin profile image60

Reskipped!

31. Lawrence Da-vid profile image62
    Lawrence Da-vidposted 11 years ago

Perhaps paying attention to one's own religion or religious beliefs would be paramount.  Let others warship if they wish.....Freedom of and from religion is guaranteed, also freedom from having some idiots force their religion and opinions upon infidels lest they be eliminated.

32. LucidDreams profile image64
    LucidDreamsposted 11 years ago

The world would be a better place if people didn't fight over religion at all! I do not believe we evolved from ape like species but niether do I believe that we were created a very short time ago (according to how the we believe the earth has actually existed) and were walking around naked biting into apples and having conversations with serpants. Ok, so that's a little humor but really, the earth has existed according to science for over 400 billion years. What took so long for god to put us here? Ahhh   it just doesn't metter. People need a belief system and will do anything to get it.

33. LadyMacabre profile image62
    LadyMacabreposted 11 years ago

I think that we can all agree that the world would be a better place without assholes, regardless of religion or lack there of.

1. profile image0

Oh, I don't think so. We wouldn't last long without assholes. big_smile

34. deblevey profile image60
    debleveyposted 11 years ago

@Rhonda: it's a question, not an indictment. Get over yourself. @ Barefootfae. I believe...that really says all I  need to say, but what the heck - furthermore... God created free will. You don't  have free will if everyone chooses the same thing. Thus, athiests have created themselves out of some masachistic (sic) need to think that they know all that's worth knowing; as if that were limited to whatever the five baser human senses can observe. Thank God for the atheists. All I have to do spiritually to get away from the devil is outrun one of them, so to speak. HALLELUJIAH!

roll

"athiests have created themselves out of some masachistic (sic) need to think that they know all that's worth knowing"
      That's contrary to reality, as insulting as you are trying to be.  The simple fact is we atheist know that we don't know everything we also know that not one person knows much at all of what everything is.  We do proclaim however to be able to tell the difference between fantasy and reality based on evidence.  Anything else is just unknown and cannot be speculated on.

To everyone else who reads this, see you elsewhere, I am done with this thread!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)