jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

So what is the ultimate question ?

1. singleaple profile image71
    singleapleposted 6 years ago

So what is the ultimate question ?

2. Bozoplay profile image82
    Bozoplayposted 6 years ago

Why is it that so many questions asked on HubPages are so lame?

3. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to the Ultimate Question is 42. Unfortunately, the computer that was created to come up with this answer spent so many thousands of years thinking about it that by the time it came up with that number, it had forgotten the question.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

What happen after death?

It is a matter of various opinions when comes to answering that question. Our spirits will wander on earth but will we be able to retain my memories?

Or is it the end after death?

I believe in re-incarnation but many are asking and seeking the answers as it is hard to answer at times when prove is needed.

5. wandererh profile image76
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

This reminds me of a science fiction short story by Isaac Asimov titled "The Last Question".  The story centers around a computer that was asked to find a way to reverse the eventual death of our universe and everything and everybody in it.  The computer pondered for countless billions of years, as man and the universe slowly run down.  When the computer finally found the answer, there was nobody to tell it to.  The last man had died a long time ago and the universe had become a cold and formless void.

I'm not going to give away how the story ended but the question asked about how we can stop the inevitable death of the universe and everything in it should be a candidate for the ultimate question as it deals with death, rebirth and ultimately, God.

6. Trevor Davis profile image55
    Trevor Davisposted 6 years ago

Why

7. MarkRFox profile image75
    MarkRFoxposted 6 years ago

The most ulitimate question ever is Why? It encompasses so many things and has allowed human civilization to expand, progress, and thrive. It covers almost any subject and baffles many human brains.

8. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 6 years ago

I agree with Mark and Trevor, and I also particularly like your question.
    I have always been a why person, but figuring out what we should be trying to answer is a great question.

working