jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Were you bullied at school?

1. mbyL profile image81
    mbyLposted 5 years ago

Were you bullied at school?

How did you cope with it?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 5 years ago

I come from Kingston upon Hull, the East Riding of Yorkshire, when I was 6 we moved south to Harlow, Esssex, just outside of London.  The Yorkshire accent and the London accent are very diferent and I, and a boy from Belgium, were bullied until we gave out some bloody noses in return.

3. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Maybe not bullied but my brother got in a fight on the school bus because they were all calling me " beaver teeth", I had braces.  I guess it was psychological bullying, and my brother got kicked off the bus because of it. I was about 8 1/2.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Yes. Kindergarden, grade school (both of them), work, etc. I ignore it basically. Or laugh at their attempts. Some of the co-workers are really bad at bullying. Their comments can be beaten by grade school children. So, I just basically study and show my brains in school instead through my grades.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, not really.  I can remember certain instances of unkindness but it wasn't really bullying, as it wasn't consistent and I never felt threatened.  Funny though that those instances of someone calling you ugly or a nasty name really sticks with you - but I can't remember an individual time when someone said something nice, although I know it happened.  The bad memories are always so much clearer.  Strange.