jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can you remember any event that happened before age 4?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

Can you remember any event that happened before age 4?

How comes children can remember events that happened before age 4 but as adults are unable to recall memories from their youngest years (4 and before)?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes. I can remember my Mother and Father fighting (Arguing) very vividly.

3. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

I was three years old when JFK was shot and killed. My mum was doing the ironing as the news came through on the radio, and she started to cry. At first I thought she'd burnt her hand. I remember hiding a newspaper from her a couple of days later, because it had a picture of the man who made her cry.

Even at such a young age, I knew a terrible thing  had happened because of how everyone reacted. I think that's why it stuck in my mind.

4. profile image50
    Ronald Rosarioposted 5 years ago

I remember, at the age of 9 months, two events.
    The first event was moving from 110th street in Manhattan to the Bronx and my mother wheeling me while I lay in the carriage, face up. I noticed the park benches hadn't had the wood rails in place yet, just the concrete stands.
    The second event was being held by my mother while she watched Walt Disney's Fantasia. These events were verified by my mother, much to her surprise, when I spoke of them when I was 20 years old. I am now 63.