Which is the World’s Most Dangerous Animal?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 51 discussions (51 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image79
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Which is the World’s Most Dangerous Animal?

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

Man, of course, is the most dangerous animal.

3. mrwerd profile image67
    mrwerdposted 14 years ago

The honey badger.  Talk about persistent and aggressive!  Hunting one of these would be like trying to take down Road Runner.

Man, animal... depends on your definition of animal.

4. tjthudium1996 profile image59
    tjthudium1996posted 14 years ago

That would depend on the person, it depends on the situation too, also which mood the animal is in. it could be an elephant, a  snake, and it could even be a spider

5. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 14 years ago

I think it actually depends on what species you are.

6. manishmindcapture profile image54
    manishmindcaptureposted 14 years ago

dangerous animals are in large quantity..which level  r u talking.?
    In the forest world lion species are the most dangerous animals.from my point of view.others like snake,crocodile etc comes after lions...........

7. lostgirlscat profile image59
    lostgirlscatposted 14 years ago

Hate to say this, being a horse owner and lover myself, But, at least in the U.S.,I beleive they account for more deaths and serious injury than any other animal. Just ask your insurance company.

8. Mdmumtazmehdi profile image61
    Mdmumtazmehdiposted 14 years ago

Terrorist are the most danger animal in this world now a day

9. JamesCurtis profile image61
    JamesCurtisposted 14 years ago

If you take opposable thumbs and tool making out of the equation I thin k it has to be the grizzly bear.

10. dabeaner profile image60
    dabeanerposted 14 years ago

I beg to disagree.  Chupacabras are only the second most dangerous. The most dangerous are politicians.

11. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 14 years ago

Someone seems to have answered this already but Humans are the world's most dangerous animals by far. The statistics are undeniable. Humans have killed other humans and creatures in numbers that dwarf even those of the deadliest killers among the "lower" animals.

12. michelle.dragon99 profile image57
    michelle.dragon99posted 14 years ago

man:)...i think no one disagree with my answer.....although man himself will agree:)

13. zeromarket profile image58
    zeromarketposted 14 years ago

a snake called black mamba it can kill a man/woman in 7 seconds

either that or sharks sad

14. Indigenous profile image59
    Indigenousposted 14 years ago

you

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It would have to be a man/woman that have had their brains eaten by aliens and are now liberals. They are sad and deadly and the worst part is they don't even know what their doing or saying! Be very careful when handling them!

16. Theophanes profile image90
    Theophanesposted 14 years ago

Oooh I'd say the most dangerous animal to man is a mosquito... with malaria alone those boogers kill 1 million people a year (at least.) Then there's West Nile, EEE, dengue fever, yellow fever... all mosquito borne!

Though I must say fleas have done some great damage too. It was fleas that carried the bubonic plague that killed 30-60% of Europe in the 1300's.

After them I'd say domestic animals pose the greatest risk of maulings, injury, and disease... Bird flu, swine flew, anthrax, various pox diseases, diphtheria, leptospirosis, brucellosis, E coli, salmonella, AIDs (origionally came from other primates,) botulism, foot and mouth disease, psitticosis, rocky mountain spotted fever, tape worms and parasites, etc... all can be carried or passed on by our domestics. This isn't to mention bite wounds can get infected and kill and the larger domestics can kill you outright in accidents or maulings...

17. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 14 years ago

Of course man but man of particular nature – a man who is too clever and intelligent or a man who is a fool.

18. BrianLeanza profile image62
    BrianLeanzaposted 14 years ago

I have been told that on the african continent the hippo is the one animal that kills the largest number of people per year ... who would have thought that?

If that makes it the most dangerous animal ... I really don't know. I have a hard time picturing a hippo actually attacking a human. My fantasy is more likely to offer me images of a hippo accidentally sitting on some guy fishing on a riverbank wink

19. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Kittens?  Hmmmm here were have people describing man as an "animal"... but most people think of themselves as being made in the "image of God"... so was God an animal?  Hmmmmmm  I'm gonna say Kittens!

20. Anvil09 profile image58
    Anvil09posted 14 years ago

ManKind We Will Hunt And Kill Any Thing Just Becaus We Can

21. hublim profile image68
    hublimposted 14 years ago

Humans are the worlds most dangerous animal.

"Man is the only animal whose desires increase as they are fed; the only animal that is never satisfied. "

Quotation from Henry George

22. Somesh Dutt profile image60
    Somesh Duttposted 14 years ago

Mosquito!! Scientists say its the most dangerous living form around infecting humans with deadly diseases like malaria, dengue etc.

23. ghosht profile image59
    ghoshtposted 14 years ago

Why man of course. Man kills everything, eats every things and destroys even what is given to him by God. When his strength falls short  he uses weapons to compensate for his shortcomings. His need of comfort is so great , that he does not  bother about his descendents, and the kind of world that they will be living in. His quest of knowledge takes him to other planets and space, but he does not care for the planet that he is living in.

24. kimberleee profile image57
    kimberleeeposted 14 years ago

Too easy.  The correct answer to this question is homo sapiens.
    TH White suggested we change the latin to homo feros (ferocious man) ...and I'd have to agree with him.

25. cdacoffee profile image70
    cdacoffeeposted 14 years ago

It is the men who desire to mandate their own wills upon the wills of others that are the most dangerous of all..

26. makemoneyinternet profile image60
    makemoneyinternetposted 14 years ago

I'm going to go with.....Nancy Pelosi, if we mean most dangerous to mankind. Yea...Pelosi, definitely.

27. Nost profile image58
    Nostposted 14 years ago

well, to the orphans answer. in your case wouldent the animal that killed all those people be a parisite or virus??? but my answer would have to be a question what catagory of animal are we just saying all living things??? or just mamals  oh shit now im confused ... ok ill guess the box jelly fish???

28. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Most dangerous non-human animal..hmmm.  Grizzly bear?

29. thaninja profile image43
    thaninjaposted 14 years ago

I was thinking bees and wasps, because of all the people who have allergies to them..  They can be so nasty.

30. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 14 years ago

Man.

Man can kill more animals (including other humans) than every other animal on the planet combined. Additionally, man can damage the environment and cause other animals to die indirectly.

No other animal on the planet has the potential to 'destroy' the world in the same way man has - Nuclear Weapons, Global Warming, 'messing around with quantum physics' etc.

No other animal can kill from 200 miles away with an electronic device.

31. profile image0
    Dr Hposted 14 years ago

Squirrels ,definitely squirrels.
    Chipmunks are a close second

32. SEYMOUR ONE profile image61
    SEYMOUR ONEposted 14 years ago

Is man an animal? I don't think the term appropriately describes us. We are the only species on this planet that, once they no longer have to worry about survival, have the ability to ponder their own existence. Art, music, philosophy, these are not the creations of an animal but the expressions of a higher consciousness. To label 'man' as an animal one disregards hundreds of thousands of years of evolution and forward thought.
    So I'm gonna go with hippo, I heard they kill more humans than any other animal.

33. Aekateryna profile image61
    Aekaterynaposted 14 years ago

African honey badger was selected by the Guiness Book of Records as the fiercest and courageous animal in Africa. They are small, but fearless.

34. akirchner profile image91
    akirchnerposted 14 years ago

The snake - any snake - big or small - if it is a snake, I'm dead before it even comes near me!  Seriously I am reminded of that movie I Dreamed of Africa - I'm probably so going to have nightmares now!  I know there are way more deadly animals but snakes just do it for me!!!  The snakes in this movie though there were no anti-venom for....yikes!

35. Liliana Gavriliu profile image60
    Liliana Gavriliuposted 14 years ago

Man ! For the rest maybe you have already the answer....

36. evolutoon_com profile image60
    evolutoon_composted 14 years ago

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned

37. profile image0
    saurabhpandeposted 14 years ago

The most dangerous animal on the earth asking the whole bunch of most dangerous animals that who is the most dangerous animal? What a paradox?

38. profile image52
    sassyphotogsposted 14 years ago

Man is the most dangerous animal..."he" does negative acts out of big egos and bad attitudes. "he" reacts to negativity with more negativity...instead of being understanding towards others, more often than not, "man" will turn his back and hope no one notices he did so...

39. pay2cEM profile image81
    pay2cEMposted 14 years ago

In the words of Jack Handy, it would have to be a shark riding on an elephant's back...just trampling and eating everything in its path. I guess just for good measure we could insist that it was a shark with frickin laser beams on its head.

40. profile image0
    sord87posted 14 years ago

Man almost a dangerous animal on earth I would agree with others saying man is an 'animal' not animal.However it seems that 'The animal' is still Batista from WWE Raw,LOL.

41. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 14 years ago

Humans are the most dangerous animals in the world. Look at the history. One human can kill more Earthly creatures than any other animals. Being the most intelligent animal on the planet, we fail to realize that we are in fact animals

42. Felicia chen profile image59
    Felicia chenposted 14 years ago

i also think that human is the world most dangerous animal.Recently ,there are many movies refecting  that human should protect nature and evironment .These days, i have seen the  movies about  and . So human take care of the world  from now on

http://www.ouyetech.com

43. Island Tropical profile image61
    Island Tropicalposted 14 years ago

Please check out my photo Hub to find out more.

44. profile image55
    anomynousposted 14 years ago

im pretty sure evryone agrees with man but do you really think thts what he was looking for lik sereouslly i think he could have answered tht himself, so other than man i would say  african bees

45. LensMan999 profile image57
    LensMan999posted 13 years ago

I think the most dangerous animal on earth is human being himself since he has been given the superior intelligence by God as compared to any other living being on earth. So, if not treated properly, he may do to others anything that one can not even imagine, using his intelligence.

46. urs_dipak profile image60
    urs_dipakposted 13 years ago

I will go with the other answer man only .................

47. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 13 years ago

I think the LION is the most dangerous because they hunt in a group (pride) and they are relentless. they will stalk their prey for days and almost nothing can stop them

48. RVDaniels profile image66
    RVDanielsposted 13 years ago

Any human who thinks some divine power grants him the right to harm others. If you hurt others then God, by any of His names, is not on your side.

49. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 13 years ago

A snake to me, it's slippery, slimmy, sly, evil and vicious. It will lunge or attack you for no reason at all.

50. rindha profile image60
    rindhaposted 13 years ago

definitely MAN...!!! u will understand why...if u see this movie - HOME ...it explains with beautiful visuals, which i think everyone shud see....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)