jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think we as a people will ever stop judging each other on our likes and d

1. thranax profile image53
    thranaxposted 5 years ago

Do you think we as a people will ever stop judging each other on our likes and dislikes?

Lots of stupid things someone likes can cause others to dislike them, and vise-versa. Do you think other then growing older and achieving understanding that maybe we can all just get along and like what we want without getting criticized? What I mean for stupid reasons is like "I wont be your friend because your a Yankees fan" or "I will not talk with these people, they like Twilight" or "This persons clothing style is wrong, so I won't talk to them" reason likes that. Will we ever as a whole just get along and value others likes/dislikes?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not at all. I consider judgement part of an individuals personality. It can also be learned from environmental areas.

3. profile image0
    Jade0215posted 5 years ago

It'll never happen. Everyone has their own opinion and most of us aren't afraid to voice it especially if it's something we strongly believe in. That's just the way we are as humans. If everyone thought the same way about everything and didn't express how they felt then the world would be a very dull place.

4. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

Well, taking this to another level- sooner or later we all will stop judging... others..because eventually we all die and then the judging is done by those at a really "higher pay grade".. That is the only time people will get along...jews and muslims serbs and croatians- blacks and blacks,blacks n whites obama vs patriots,Godzilla- mothra leafs and the canadians yankees and red sox, Batman n Joker,bloods and crips sharks n jets, Troy vs Sparta Obama vs sane people  cowboys n Indians dumocrats and GOP. blondes brunettes real vs fake. It does not matter until we are all clones there will be issues-maybe thats why the "grey aliens" all look the same, maybe thats the key maybe they have it right?,

5. penlady profile image61
    penladyposted 5 years ago

No, because unfortunately it seems passing judgement on others is passed down from generation to generation. Oftentimes children see their parents judging others for whatever ridiculous reasons. Given that kids mimic their parents, they go into the habit of doing the exact same thing.

6. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I think there will always be judgement.  The mind tells you what you like and what you do not like, as long as that function of the mind is at work there will always be judgement.