jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it good to listen to music while studying?

1. callmelife profile image68
    callmelifeposted 5 years ago

Is it good to listen to music while studying?

If no, then why? If yes, then why and recommend music.

2. Holisticity profile image61
    Holisticityposted 5 years ago

I think so, it helps me relax and focus on what I am doing

3. unknown spy profile image76
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

for some, yes. I've known few friends who really enjoys music while studying.. For me, I guess, I'll pass. I can concentrate more when the background is music-free. smile

4. Silverspeeder profile image60
    Silverspeederposted 5 years ago

Apparently listening to classical music excites the neurons in the brain.

5. sarahmoose profile image77
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I personally like to have music on while I'm studying, but it has to be classical. I can't focus with any other music. My favourite is probably the soundtrack from Lord of the Rings.

6. JustSimple info profile image80
    JustSimple infoposted 5 years ago

Everybody is different, I prefer to listen to music while I study, My daughter does not like to.  Just depends on the person, but I get more done when I am listening to music.

7. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 5 years ago

Some people study differently for me I study in a quiet area. Music help some work better and some (such as myself) can't focus with distractions.

8. ratnaveera profile image70
    ratnaveeraposted 5 years ago

No. While studying you should need atmosphere which helps to concentrate. Listening to music won't help your studying.

9. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

It is not good for your studying. If you study with music, then you do better on the test if there was music playing. Focus is all you need to do.

10. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 5 years ago

It varies person to person. I love having old Jazz albums on a low volume while I do research and write, sometimes I also listen to Binaural beats. Other times, I'm able to have on some of my favorite albums, but again, at a reasonable volume to a point where I don't get distracted too much by it. I have severe problems with concentration, so ironically, it helps to have other things going on while I perform those tasks. I utilize other things as well, just as subtle effects to help keep me focused.