jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Are you ever too old to pursue a long-held dream?

1. Readmikenow profile image96
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

Are you ever too old to pursue a long-held dream?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I don't think so, I think it's when we stop pursuing dreams that we get old - and there are many younger "old" people who have given up, and many young at heart older people who keep learning and trying new things and living life to its fullest.

Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

You may never be too old to give up a dream, but as you age, you have to accept the reality of your situation. I cannot swim. I took lessons several times. My knees are crooked, and the result is a negative kick that sends me to the bottom. I did jump off the high diving board (with life jacket).

I want to be a published author is some national publications. I consider that a possibility and am pursuing that.

There were a lot of things I dreamed about doing when I was younger, but the lack of ability, talent and energy, makes it necessary to focus your dreams on the attainable or at least the near attainable.

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I wonder this myself. I wonder about the freshness of the dream at times. I wonder about those young dreams that become antiquated simply due to circumstances. I wonder what sparked the dream to begin with.

I think what this question proposes may be an interesting day of reflection. Certainly a bit of writing, even though journaling. Maybe there is a hub hidden in there somewhere. I dun'no . . . if so I will use it as a second answer here :-)

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Never allow anyone to put an expiration date stamp on your dreams!
    Unfortunately there will be many people who will attempt to though. They may say you're going through a "mid-life crisis" or use some other term to try and talk you out of doing what you've always wanted.
    Life is a (personal) journey!
    No one knows how much time any of us has in this game called life but while we're up at bat we may as well swing for the fences!
    The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world!

Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Very Inspirational.

6. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

No, I am never too old to do pursue any long-held dream I have. Learning does not stop just because we get old. It is when we forget what we learn that is worrying. It is better to be always learning what we want to learn despite our age. Like computing who would think I am able to do this now. I thought I was too old to learn but I am glad I did.