If you are an introvert and your parents extroverted, did they support your intr

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

If you are an introvert and your parents extroverted, did they support your introversion or did they

attempt to force you to become more extroverted?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

My father is extroverted when home and my mother is a home-body, introvert. I've learned how to fake extroversion. Yet I need time after to refresh and unstress.

3. mav04 profile image67
    mav04posted 5 years ago

My mother is extroverted, and did not accept my introverted ways.  She'd say, "Go, go tell them goodbye.  Give them a kiss."  I didn't like that, but I liked making them feel good.  It just made me more embarrassed by drawing attention to me.  Another time, we had just moved to a new neighborhood, and my mom just got divorced.  My mother went by her cousin's house and, I would just hand on her leg.  She'd say, "Go, go play with the kids outside."  I didn't like that, but I felt I had to.  I was afraid, but everything worked out well with the other kids thank God.  As a teenager, I would sit next to my boyfriend content.  Then HE said, "Go talk to people, make friends.  My sister has all kinds of friends."  That hurt really bad.  It felt like rejection, and like his sister was better than me.  So, I did  what he said, although I was afraid, and I ended up a little popular from it.  However, out of resentment for him not loving me for who I was, I found someone else, and left him.