Introvert or extrovert

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (48 posts)
  1. HubChief profile image70
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

hey there, are you writing because you may be introvert in normal face to face conversations (other than "earning money" raesons).

I know I am neutral with a little bit inclination towards being extrovert..

How about you hubbers?

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
      Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am yet to meet a more extrovert than I am.

2. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would go so far as to say I am an INFP. smile

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I am an introvert, but the reason I'm on here is because I am unemployed and having a hard time finding a new job since no one is hiring Preschool Teachers. So I thought this was a good way to make some money while I still search for a teacing job or any other job at the moment. But so far even this isn't making me any extra money. :-(

This thing don't pay off instantly. You might have read elsewhere on forums how it took many hubbers 10 months or so to receive their first check. Eventually you start getting a monthly check and earnings keep on increasing. I understand you are searching for a job but don't let HubPages hinder your job search. Keep writing with your job. As it is a good hobby and a source of income.

3. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

i would have to say a bit of both depending on the situation

4. HubChief profile image70
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

I keep thinking of business ideas off and on. here is one that you may already thought about... just get it there, in case you did not.

if you are a pre-school teacher, why don't you open a day care center..

That is a big help for those who work and you would never have to worry about job again. and if you have kids, they would get best attention. just a thought...

5. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I'm an extrovert. Although I enjoy my quiet time, I'm around people most of the day. smile

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I am not a day care person. That is totally different than being a Preschool Teacher. Preschool teachers aren't baby sitters.

HubChiefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry I did not mean to offend you by any means. I did not mean baby-sitting at all. 

Being a pre-school teacher you can have your own educational curriculum designed for kids. Day care centers where I live here are not just baby sitters. they provide a lot of organized education to kids that empower their kindergarten learning. I really meant to say that you can use your skillset in providing educations to pre-schoolers. You can target the right audience as per your taste and style. the only extra item is extended day hours that you can employ one helper after the school-hours. I am not sure what it takes to open a pre-school however I know if you can work for yourself, that independence is a great gift.

I am sorry again if I offended by any means.

Sorry to interrupt your thread HubChief, but there is a news for you. The computer sciences category has been renamed as "Computer science and Programming". big_smile

Now forgive me for interrupting and carry on with your thread.

HubChiefposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah i saw that this morning. feels to make a difference. woudl post my comments to Mr Larry there in a moment.

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sadly where I live day care centers are just that baby sitters. I even worked in Hawaii for 6 months and I felt like a baby sitter and it was a preschool. And sorry for seeming to snap. damn internet! can't type anything without it coming off wrong unless you put lol or *rolls eyes* or something lmao

7. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I am a 'Type-A Post-Menopausal Irish Female'. I think that pretty much sums it up. Translated: There is not an introverted bone in my body! smile

LOL!
      You summed it up beautifully!

2. Jane@CM profile image61
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm right behind you, only difference is I'm Peri-Menopausal Irish Female!  However, becoming agoraphobic was a complete slap in my face, as I love to be out and among people.

8. AsherKade profile image57
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I am EXTREEEEEEMEELY extroverted. I write online only because it's probably illegal or at the very least unkosher to shove my writing in someone's face and demanding them to read it. This way I can write anytime I have the opportunity and someone is always listening...

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Like most people, I'm not an extreme introvert or extrovert.  Based on the definition that introverts get energized by having some alone time and tend to be more reserved, I'm more that than an extrovert.   I'm really sociable, though, and I'm usually the one that makes others feel comfortable.  I'm a very verbal person and love conversations and debates of all types.

So, no.  I'm not here because of being challenged in face-to-face conversations.  I write because I enjoy putting words together (and I suppose some would say "have a lot to say").  I see it as "communicating and having the power to bring people together".   smile  Money or no money, I write regardless.  Still, I'm also here for the money.

10. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

I'm more inclined to be extroverted, but it depends on the situation and who I am with.

11. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I've been called eccentric way too many times. I have no idea why. smile i'm neither a billionaire, neither I'm I old. lol just kidding. You said extrovert or introvert? Hmmm, I'm an extrovert when I've gotta put on a phony smiley face that everybody expects. And an introvert when I'm alone putting down my twisted, ingenious thoughts to writing. Ha!

12. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I have always needed to have "alone time" to put things into perspective and to make decisions.  I guess I am an introvert.

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I am a proud introvert (most writers and artists are) who derives energy from being alone at times, contemplating, reading/writing and doing creative things.

However, I do have some extroverted qualities. I am usually the first to volunteer what I believe in or to discuss ideas, ie, I do not hesitate to make decisions or plan, and I have always had a lot of friends.  The thing is, those friends usually come as individuals, not groups. wink

14. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

By and large I am slightly introverted, but I try to be social when the situation requires.

15. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I'd consider Privately Extroverted would best describe the madness lol

16. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

mmmm.... extrovert with a pinch of introvert but not much. smile

17. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I actually took one of those tests a few weeks ago in a psych course. I am almost completely categorized as an extrovert but do have some introvert characteristics. Sometimes I really crave alone time, but I think that's totally normal.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what I meant as Privately Extrovert.. smile

18. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Deff an extrovert smile

19. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

I am both, I am able to illicit conversations and thoughts in social settings and function very well surrounded by people.  I prefer to be alone when forming stories and such though.

20. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

By conventional definitions -- extroverted meaning social, at ease in conversations and social settings vs. introverted meaning shy and uncomfortable around people, then I am an extrovert.
    But on the Meyers-Briggs or Kiersey Temperament Scale, I (Introvert) and E (Extrovert) refer to where you go to regenerate your engery. If you look to recharge your batteries from social contact, you are "E" vs. if you look into yourself, you are "I."
    By that definition, I'm an "I."

Here's a link in case you want to test yourself! www.keirsey.com/

21. Epic Fail Guy profile image60
    Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years ago

What is introvert and extrovert?

22. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

I have a volume knob and I adjust it to suit.

23. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Introverted.

24. Jodi Hoeksel profile image61
    Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years ago

I definitely swing to an extrovert easily...yet I very much enjoy down time as well. smile

25. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Appears I'm in the minority, but I'm a very strong introvert. I start to go kind of crazy if I don't have copious amounts of alone time, so I've been known to literally schedule it in.

26. lakeerieartists profile image62
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Extrovert with some necessary alone time.

27. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Oh compleate extovert.

28. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Just realised I wrote extovert! I meant extrovert i am blantently a good writer! Ha!

29. profile image49
    pandamethaddictposted 14 years ago

hmm, tough one. I enjoy spending much of my time on the computer but i really don't derive energy from it.  But when i hang out with friends, we're usually sailing or playing a sport of some kind so I don't get energy from that either. But i do seem to be hyper when i hang out with me friendz.
    But i also get nervous when i meet new people because i dread blank stares hmm so i come off as shy

30. Shadesbreath profile image79
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I'm a total introvert but I've developed the ability to turn on extroverted behaviors as a survival mechanism and means of getting things done when needed.  I also enjoy beer as a means of transcending my reclusiveness from time to time.  I prefer small groups far, far, far more than large parties and crowds.

31. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

I am an extovert. However, once I took the Meyers Briggs test after a particularly bad day at a job in which I had to endure some especially despicable treatment at the hands of people I was trying to help, and I tested as an introvert.

So I guess my outgoing nature or reservedness depends on how charitable or misanthropic I'm feeling at any given moment.

1. darkside profile image63
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I find myself to be somewhere between an introverted extrovert and an extroverted introvert.

32. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I tend to enjoy my alone time when I can squeeze It In . But I do have some remedial social skills . So I would tend to lean towards the Introvert side .

33. profile image65
    Michael Achillesposted 14 years ago

Introvert unless it comes to a fix.........LOL

34. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

I would say Iam a bit of both

1. Colebabie profile image59
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Isis, how did your interview go?

1. profile image0
        isis_dreams2002posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh thank you for asking it went realy good I will know in about two weeks if i got it but all the signs look good

35. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

I'm a typical extrovert. I like to speak, to chat with my friends and relatives for hours every day, I usually say everything as it is and I like being me. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)