jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

What's your favorite sound? Mine is the sound of rain falling on the roof when t

1. samnashy profile image80
    samnashyposted 5 years ago

What's your favorite sound? Mine is the sound of rain falling on the roof when tucked up in bed.

2. JanTutor profile image80
    JanTutorposted 5 years ago

The sound of my daughter heartily laughing - I'm never prepared for where this takes me - no matter how often I hear it.

samnashyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can see why they say laughter is the best medicine.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

A quiet home, then to hear the pounding rain pressing on the roof while I'm safe and dry inside knowing there is no where to go today. I always feel safe, happy, content, and clean.

Yes,home is where the heart is and it sounds as though you know where yours is wink)

4. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I could go with the rain on the roof, particularly if I am at camp. Sometimes a little thunder to with it (how far off, I sit and wonder). Rain at night, perfect, as long as the days are sunny.

Absolutely.  Doesn't quite have the same effect during the day.

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

My grandchildren's laughter. It comes so easily and free.  My 7 year old granddaughter was playing checkers with my husband - and was just giggling like crazy at his funny faces and when she would jump him.  I was in the other room and the sound was just magic to me.

1. JanTutor profile image80
      JanTutorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I can just imagine - with all the bling that's on offer, it's always the little things that matter most

2. samnashy profile image80

How lovely.  You are right the sound of children's laughter is magical.

6. neildabb profile image76
    neildabbposted 5 years ago

Crickets chirping, and the peace that allows you to hear them on warm summer nights.

1. JanTutor profile image80
      JanTutorposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nice one!

2. samnashy profile image80

Great.  It's strange how they jus autimatically start with the warm weather & stop just as quickly when the cold kicks in.

working