jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think parent’s should be disciplined with school detention if child has e

1. Sundaymoments profile image79
    Sundaymomentsposted 5 years ago

Do you think parent’s should be disciplined with school detention if child has excessive tardy’s

I am wondering when our Pubic School System has become an authority figure to parents as well? One Public School System has implemented this policy.  As a citizen of our Country do you think the School District has gone to far?

2. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Yes, the school district has gone too far.  The school does not have the authority to punish or discipline parents with detention. 

Not that any of my children would have excessive tardy's... but if a school tried to tell me that I had to "stay after" because of something my child did - I would tell them NO!  And while you're at it, why don't you find yourself a good lawyer because I'll be taking you to court now smile   And be sure to pretty yourself up because mamma is going to be calling every news crew in the state to come investigate your school and how things are run.   

That's just craziness! 

Yeah, I understand there are some parents out there that just shouldn't be parents... just like there are parents out there working shifts at their jobs that would not allow such nonsense as "staying after school" - these parents are working hard to pay the bills & keep little Johnny dressed, fed, and supplied for all of the things the school demand he supply for himself; things that used to be provided back when we went to school.  Yet somehow, now, they just can't afford it.... hmmmm   interesting.

1. Sundaymoments profile image79
      Sundaymomentsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mom Kat and I agree... This evening I got a call from our school districts message system that went out to "All Parents" that if your child was tardy more than six times the parent would have to do 30 min of Saturday Detention I am outraged over it!!

3. MickS profile image74
    MickSposted 5 years ago

No, it's the parent's responsibiity that their children attend school, and at the correct time.  We are all tardy sometimes; however excessive tardiness should be punished by a court case, resulting, if the case is proved, by a heavy fine for the parent(s)

I'm wondering who's country, 'our country' is, you're addressing a lot of nationalities on the internet.  The clue is in internet and World Wide Web.

working